BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Super Mario Brothers 3 Never Happened.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#24  Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:18 pm  Reply with quote + 
fireball87 wrote:
Soniti 254 wrote:

So are you saying that your reality is absolutely perfect? That you have absolutely no need to escape? That nothing has ever happened to you that would piss you off, make you sad, or otherwise emotionally unstable? Must be nice.

It's rare, and when it happens I more often just lay down for awhile instead of trying to watch or play something, assuming I don't intend to throw my controller threw a wall. "Escaping from reality" is just a phrase about moving attention anyway. I can "escape reality" by dissecting a movie just as easily as I can trying to "watch it as it was intended". If my focus isn't on my problems, it's all the same. As for this whole "stories are intended to be an escape from reality", why are so many of them written in an attempt to remind you of it again?

Oh I see. Not everyone else is like you regarding how you feel about "escaping from reality."

I'm not sure where you got the notion that stories alone are escapes from reality. A lot of general media were meant to be escapes from reality. Usually the ones that are attempting to remind you of reality are trying to tell you something the head honcho deemed important or to provide insight on something.

I also wish to add that I do see what you are saying regarding "seeing it both ways" as I'll call it. I too am guilty at times of commenting or flat out poking fun at poor acting/special effects and/or lame story in movies and games. I still try to take the media in question seriously unless it's just an impossible task.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1210s
Index - Back to Top