BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Super Mario Brothers 3 Never Happened.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#22  Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:35 pm  Reply with quote + 
That's true... you can keep both in mind at once, that is what good professional critics would do. Although, if you do this, don't you keep both mindsets separate? For example, on one hand, noting how good or bad the special effects are, and noting plot mechanisms, but on the other hand, suspending enough disbelief in order to take the story as it is? The willing suspension of disbelief serves the basic purpose of allowing unrealistic (as in fantastical, or for our time period) elements of story, or even the basic fact that we know that this story is not real and that it is being told by actors, to be put under the table, so to speak, in order to examine the world of the story as something that is real in and of itself? I'm trying to think of a better way to word what I mean, hmmm...

But your previous statements in this topic led us to believe that you do not involve yourself in the story at all.

fireball87 wrote:
And here I thought none of these games ever happened...
... I see no reason to say it never happened, because well, it obviously didn't.

In the context of this topic, these statements made it seem like you were not open to discussing the game's reality (although I agree with you that it is artistic license in these cases).
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1334s
Index - Back to Top