BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Super Mario Brothers 3 Never Happened.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#18  Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:40 am  Reply with quote + 
I'm pretty sure that the original image that sparked this thread was a joke, Fireball.

And it's not "ignoring that they exist", whatever that was supposed to mean. >_>
In a story - maybe not something like Mario 3, but in a story - you're supposed to be able to suspend your disbelief long enough to immerse yourself in the story, and then you can experience it as it was meant to be experienced. Then you can discuss, analyze, etc. Otherwise, nothing has any depth and it would just all be about graphics, and picking out which tropes were used in the production, and all the technical stuff.

On a side note, but still related, even actors in a movie or a play are supposed to immerse themselves in the production. If you know anything about acting, you should know that a good actor will be 90% character and only 10% actor while acting (or some slight variation). An actor will get inside his or her character's head, even come up with backstories to the props they use and the costumes they wear, when no backstory is given, at least in theatre.

I guess I just don't understand your point of view.

Also, who would have thought that this topic would stray in such a direction as this? Lol.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1317s
Index - Back to Top