Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: DUNGEONS & BOMBERS
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#4  Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:30 am  Reply with quote + 
Some character ideas I had while trying to sleep:

Since this is a Bomberman based game, any character should have the ability to use bombs. However, it'd get a bit dull pretty fast if that's all the players could use. So I figured we could have a light weapon system in the game. Weapons could also be attached to character classes, but we know that some people like to do unique things with their D&D characters, like giving a wizard character a sword, for example. Anyway, here's what I had in mind.

There would basically be three main types of weapons; cutting, shooting; and blunt weapons, while bombs would be their own catergory altogether. A example of what weapons would be categorized as such would be as follows:

Cutting
Swords
Knives
Spears
Axes
Whips (whips technically cut)

Shooting
Handguns
Rifles
Bow and Arrows
Shotguns

Blunt
Rods
Hammers
Unarmed combat

Another important factor to RPGs are attributes. After all, without attributes, every character would pretty much be the same. For the sake of balance, we could use a kind of point based system, in which a character is given a set number of points that would be placed for each and every stat. When a character "levels up," the player would earn some more points which can be used to further increase their stats.
Some basic attributes could include:
HP - Hit Points. The most obvious stat. Determines how much damage a character can take before becoming incapacitated.
MP - Magic Points. Determines how many special attacks or abilities can be used before the player can no longer do any.
Strength - How strong a character is. The higher the number, the more damage can dealt with cutting or blunt weapons. Could also affect damage with shooting weapons if needed. Could also be used outside of battle, like removing obstacles, for example.
Stamina - How strong a character's body is. The counterpart of Strength. The higher this number, the less damage a character can take from regular attacks.
Accuracy - How accurate a character is. The higher this number, the better chances are of hitting the target. Could also affect damage for shooting weapons.
Evasion - How quick and evasive a character is. Accuracy's counterpart. The higher this number, the more likely the character is to avoid attacks. Could also be used outside of battle, like how fast a character can move.
Magic - How good a character is with magic. This would determine how much damage one character can deal with magical attacks or how effective healing or supporting magic is.
Resistance - A character's defenses against offensive magic. The higher this number, the less damage taken from magic attacks.
Luck - How lucky a character is. This would determine things like critical hits. Could also be applied to some evasion, but not a lot. Could also affect certain mini games, such as games involving gambling (a character with higher luck would have better chances of winning, for example).

We would also need some stats for bombs as well, since this is supposed to be a Bomberman based game, every character should have the ability to use bombs. I'm thinking there would only need to be two, maybe three, key stats.
Firepower - This determines the strength of bombs. The higher this number, the more effective bombs would be. Basically, how much damage bombs can do. This could also be applied for uses outside of battle, like removing obstacles for example.
Bomb Supply(?) - This determines how many bombs a player can deploy at a time. The higher this number, the more bombs can be placed at a time.
Endurance(?) - This would determine how much damage a character would take from bomb based attacks. The higher this number, the less damage taken from bombs.

We could also have a element system, although this would apply more so to bombs. Characters can start with one of the basic elements to use, and the player could earn more elements to use by completing quests, some of which could be exclusive to completing quests. Here's some of the basic elements I'd have in mind:

Fire - The most basic of all the elements. Explodes with a fiery blast. Useful for most situations.
Ice - Ice Bombs would explode with a blast of cold air, freezing most things in blast radius.
Wind - Wind bombs could unleash a furry of winds that could blows targets away, but deal light damage. Could be used to cross over large gaps.
Electric - Electric based bombs would explode with a burst of electrical energy, shocking and paralyzing most targets within blast radius.
Earth - Earth Bombs could explode with a wave of magma. Basically more powerful then Fire, but to balance it, you only place hlaf as many of the bombs as most others.
Light - Light based bombs could serve as a means of lighting up dark dungeons.
Darkness - Dark bombs could release a black hole that would suck in anything and everything near the blast radius. To balance it, you can only place half as many of these bombs as you could most others.

I'd add more, but I need to get going. I'll add more when I get back here.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1329s
Index - Back to Top