BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Super Mario Brothers 3 Never Happened.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#16  Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:16 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
So when you watch a movie, do you sit there the entire time reminding yourself that you are presently seated in front of a screen watching a movie? I'm confused.

It's not about whether or not fiction is "real". It's about discussing the story that is being told. Nobody ever said that the stories of Mario are real, that would be absurd.

Yes, for example I often discuss movies during movies. That's a pretty constant reminder, not that that matters, I never lose track of that in the first place. I do things like that socially often, why watch tv or movies with people if you ignore that they exist.

Again though, Mario 3 isn't a movie, and it's not really even trying to tell a story. It has a cast, and characters, but those are just a means to a goal which is level design. If we must decide if this was a thoughtful goal to make it a screen play, then I don't think it was that either. These elements (other then the abstract "exit stage right" that exists in 90 percent of plat-formers only exist in a fraction of the levels. Of the 8 worlds, the style is mostly entirely present in world 1, each world having their own different styles, and only on floating platforms which don't make any normal sense anyway, whether play or not. I've certainly not seen a play where I could see bolts holding the set to the background. I'm still assuming it's just an artistic style in order to make the game look nice, not trying to influence the story in any way.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1486s
Index - Back to Top