BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bomberman fictions
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#16  Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:52 pm  Reply with quote + 
Sora G. Silverwind wrote:
Soniti 254 wrote:
There was another story on FF.net that was purposely written so badly, it was hilarious. Can't seem to find it on there anymore though. D: It was this Zelda story called "THE GREATEST FANFIC EVER," obviously parodying poorly written fanfics.

I know the author of that one (my first online friend, from way back in 1999). He did a complete fic purge a few years back, but mysteriously decided that he was going to at least put up some of his old Teen Titans stuff again. His Zelda stuff is stuff that he's not proud of, so I assume that's why it didn't get reposted (even though it was bad on purpose).

Really? That's a real shame. It was one of the funniest things I've ever read, and was a excellent guideline of what not to write.

Sora G. Silverwind wrote:
I happen to learn a lot from writing the fanfic that I do, including (oddly enough) worldbuilding and OC-making, but considering that Bman canon is sparse, both of those things are kind of needed. But so what if people don't learn? People have different reasons for doing fanfic that may not include necessarily "getting better" at it, or for that matter with the intention of eventually becoming an original writer. Nearly every writer (original or not) starts out with the notion that the act of writing is, in and of itself, fun. "Getting better" at it comes with repeated instances of it, and it certainly improves the Fun Factor, but it may not be the writers' goal. They could just be doing it to blow off steam from a hard day at work. And of course it helps when authors follow established guidelines of basic writing in their fanfic and consequently produce something that's at least readable, but they're not obligated to do so for fandom at large.

I generally agree with this whole paragraph. I know I write stories mostly for fun, but at one point I was considering being an author. Not so sure if I'd still be willing to do just that though, all things considered.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.0751s
Index - Back to Top