BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: What games are you playing/looking forward to?
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#94  Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:13 pm  Reply with quote + 
AoBman05 wrote:
Dark Zaphe wrote:
So the 3DS. Sure, it looks cool. Sure, it could make for some interesting and fun games, if used well. But does every new portable Nintendo game need this technology? No. That's when it becomes a gimmick.

I didn't realize all of the 3DS games required the use of the 3D-effect features in order to not be gimmicky. I guess the PS3 Blu-ray and the 360's HDD drives and graphics are also gimmicks since not every one of their games needed that technology. Thanks for informing me!

See this is exactly what I meant about the term 'gimmick' being thrown so loosely around.

Sorry bro, but you're comparing apples to plantains here (not even oranges). There's a big difference between making higher quality graphics and making games with "3D projection". That's not changing the quality, that's changing the visual medium entirely. This is why I brought up the Virtual Boy as an example.

But really it all depends on how they do it.

Soniti wrote:
I don't see much of a resemblance with your example for the PSX and 3DS. The PSX was made when the other major players were working with 3D graphics already, so it's not like Sony was doing anything new regarding that. They were going with the flow. I'll admit that the 3DS is trying something new, but I just don't see how 3D projection will contribute to the gameplay experience positively.

It might work something like this, but this is just a stab in the dark. I can see it changing the gameplay in some cases. If they did do this, it could be interesting to see on some games. Again, we'll just have to wait and see, I guess.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1313s
Index - Back to Top