Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Those hands..
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#5  Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:59 am  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
Now if we go by the latter, whether Bomberman's hand are made of some rubber polymer or an elastic organic tissue, we can then presume that contrary to our hands that are naturally open when relaxed, the natural relaxed position for Bomberman's hands is to be balled up into fists and he has instead to do a conscious decision to open them (or rather to stretch out his fingers).

Sort of like bird feet! A bird's feet are clenched tight in the relaxed position, thus they can fall asleep while grabbing onto trees and stuff. They have to make a conscious decision in order to open their feet.

Duke Serkol wrote:
B - They want to look cool by keeping their fingers outstretched. This may very well be a necessity for them to wear gloves as they would otherwise fall off were they to let their hands ball up (essentially they would be "holding their gloves" by keeping their fingers outstretched much like we would hold a remote by curling our fingers around it)

The only thing about this is that it seems like it would be kind of a strain to do this endlessly, as Bombermen such as Metal Bomber and Kid are never seen without their gloves.

But you made me think of something. Take a look at this page from the Bomberman Wars manual.

Here we see Bomber King, a Witch Bomber and a Thief Bomber holding onto staffs and a sword with their hands still "balled up". But if you note, while zoomed in fully onto the picture, these weapons/tools seem to be passing through the center of the ball/fist... So maybe the hands are some sort of malleable, almost gel-ish consistency? I'm not sure how this would work, but I do notice that Bombermen with regular hands have small, more realistic hands, while Bomberman's hand doing a victory sign has two massive, unrealistic fingers.

Duke Serkol wrote:
Oh by the way, yes, the above counts has evidence that I have no life.

Hahah, but this is interesting discussion. (Even though they are just silly cartoon characters and the original artists probably didn't even think of these things >_>)
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.0833s
Index - Back to Top