BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Elfen Lied
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#6  Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:13 pm  Reply with quote + 
TokiAlbatou wrote:
Soniti 254 wrote:
My cousin really liked this anime. I tried watching a few episodes of it a while back and I couldn't get into it.

Between the ridiculous gore and violence and the rather unneeded nudity, I just didn't get it.

But, to each their own.

EDIT:

I suppose if I tried watching it now, now that I'm kind of used to violence and such, I could probably stomach through and give it more through opinion. But I still don't think it'll be a favorite of mine, either way.

I admit that some parts of it, such as the nudity, is kind of excessive, but I can stomach it, and the same thing goes with the graphic violence, mainly because I've seen violent anime movies such as Princess Mononoke where it shows violence like that. Oh well, I've always had a liking for violent anime movies/shows, so for me I guess it isn't really such a big deal.

I didn't find Princess Mononoke to be all that violent. That may because I watched it for the first time about a year or two ago, but I seem to remember Elfin Lied being much worse. My opinion's probably irrelevant though, as I only watched like 3-5 episodes of it a few years ago.

Well, if that's kind of your thing anyhow, good for you. Personally, I can't really tolerate excessive violence. I'm better about it in video games and anime to a certain extent, but I can't stand it otherwise.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1325s
Index - Back to Top