Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bomberman Land series dicussions
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Sun May 16, 2010 7:48 am  Reply with quote + 
I know there was a topic about the PS2 Bomberman games but that topic was already a year old so here's a discussion

Bomberman Land
This is the original Bomberman Land series, only Shiro and Kuro are in the game (This is the only time Kuro does not look angry 24/7). Aka and Ao are in the game but they look like more like Shiro and Kuro like in the main series, interesting to note both this and the N64 version has the same music but the minigames are a bit different and the PS version has a story while the N64 doesn't
The PS version is the only Land game in the series to lack the save feature in any locations other than Kart DX, it also only have one mode. The Land mode (To save you have to go to the info booth)

Bomberman Kart
Yeah the initial characters are called White, Black, Red, Pink and Gold. But there's also a hidden character he's called Green
About Green Bomber after his game debut (He's also the same Green Bomber in the 4koma series) his name was changed into Racer Bomber since there was a new character also called Midoribom/Green starting with Bomberman Land 2
Red is a baby in the game while PRetty is a good character and Gold was this fat rich guy

Bomberman Land 2
Aobom and Midoribom debuted there, I noticed that some of the mini games in the first game were absent in the game but returned in the third Land while the remaining were gone forever
This is also the only game Racer has fingers because.. THIS IS THE ONLY GAME HE EVER APPEARS IN 2D
Urr.. Racer is a male right?

Kart DX
Some of the characters have smaller eyes in the game compared to the other game especially Ao
This game has voice acting Shiro sound like a boy, Kuro sounds like a girl(O.o the English game told me he was a boy), Ao sounds much older than he should be(He's a kid according to the Touch game) as though he hit puberty too soon, Midori sounds like that boy with glasses on Doraemon, Pretty sounds like a girl, Gold sounds a bit nasally while Racer sounds like a little ten year old boy (Which is pretty freaky if you consider how tall he is) and scream like a stupid idiot
In the dungeon crawler mode for some reason despite the fact it shows Shiro and Kuro fighting monsters Pretty is Player 2
Red is reduced to an NPC and is replaced by Blue, Green and Hige Hige bandits (The hidden characters are not him at all despite the fact his name is on the highscore chart)

Battles/Hardball
Red is not in the game
Most of the characters voices have changed Shiro, Kuro, Ao and Midori all have the exact same high little girl voice as though they sucked in too much helium, Pretty voice is very annoying, Gold's voice is a bit slower and Racer is even higher and at some points sounds like a teenage girl
Shiro, Kuro, Ao and Midori changes clothes for every activity. Racer only changes during tennis while Pretty and Gold wears the same thing everywhere (Pretty has quite a number of panty shots though)
In the Hardball game Shiro is Ivory(Eww it sucks), Kuro is Star(Something tells me his parents once expected a girl..), Ao is Blue (Unsurprising), Midori is Jade (O.o0 while Pretty, Gold and Racer has the same name (Which is a pity considering that Racer was once called Green)
In the Battles version you can also buy pages of the 4 panel comics. this is obmitted in the Hardball version
This is the first game where you can dress Shiro, based on some of the body options Shiro doesn't wear underwear (interesting to note the green head colouring is exactly the one on Racer's head checkers and all but the body outfit is more like Midori so if you want to create an imitation of Racer you end up making an what looks like a mixture of Racer and Midori :xeyes:  )

Bomberman Land 3
The last Bomberman game to ever have the Round head (Bomberman DS was released before this game) the polygons looks like the one in Battles
This is also Aka (He's too minor now) and Racer's (All that guy ever do is talk disgusting and play around) last appearence before Hudson decided 'What the hell we don't like them they wear dark green and dark green is so last century let's ditch them) :cry:  Racer.. I miss you.. I want you to come back even if it means you look as ugly as Kuro now

The future of the Bomberman Land series
I don't like the fact that they not only change the round head to the older square head design but they also deleted Red and Racer(ESPECIALLY him) for good and that there are fewer minigames than ever (even the Wii version has fewer mini games than the original PS1 game, Wii=36, PS=40) Hudson.. you disappoint me like what every company did to me now.. Though the DS games were funny.. Too bad ShiroXPretty is canon. It feels like Shiro is a backstabber. Interesting thing to note these games actually load on the same location as where you save instead of taking you to a consistent place (the first two games on the port, the third in your room in the hotel)

PS The huge guy in Gold is Gold's father
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.0961s
Index - Back to Top