Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Anime Discussions
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#30  Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:29 am  Reply with quote + 
TokiAlbatou wrote:
Generally, anime shows that are based off video games for some reason bore me to death, which includes (and don't shoot me for saying this) the Jetters anime. Because of that, that's probably the main reason why I never got into the Bakugaiden series along with the Kirby anime series.

Allow to ask a question; did you watch the American dub for Kirby? If you have, you're watching the wrong show completely.

4kids, the company who dubs a lot of anime that's shown as Saturday morning cartoons like Pokemon and at one point One Piece, are known to butcher their anime. They basically watch what goes on and then make up their own dialogue for their shows and they also tend to remove anything that may be a weapon (other then swords) and little things like cigarettes, I'm not even joking on this. They've also tend to skip certain episodes entirely due to something that may be considered controversial (a certain episode of Pokemon comes to mind).

Anyway, there's at least one fansub for Kirby that's actually really good. It has a surprisingly dark story for something as cute as Kirby. I never got the chance to watch all of the episodes for it, but I can tell you it's really good from what I have seen. I believe Kirby's Rainbow Resort may have fansubbed the whole series by now. You should at least give that a shot and not base your thoughts and opinion on the crappy 4kids dub.

Also, I thought Jetterz was pretty good as well. Starts out as something of a "Monster of the week" kind of show, but it does develop into something surprisingly dark and it was quite enjoyable. Of course, most of you probably already know that.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1265s
Index - Back to Top