BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Marvel VS Capcom 3; it's quite real.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#5  Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:54 am  Reply with quote + 
Eh, I've been quite ok with 2.5d games ever since they (partially, though there's more 3d in DKC then there is in NSMB) pre-rendered Donkey Kong Country. Some of them, DKC included stand out as some of the prettier 2d games. It's all about style though, and I personally find a lot of the 3d games just as pretty or prettier then their 2d variants. The main issue with games like SSF4 as 3d is I'm not sure they didn't just do it to take the easy way out, KOF HD may look endlessly more impressive with it's 2d sprite work, but it also probably took a lot more time to produce. Sprites have to increase in complexity quite a bit more per resolution increase then 3d models seem to... though perhaps I'm jaded on that by my artistic talents forcing me to do 8 bit... poorly.

--edit--

Though the real reason I didn't care for SSF4 is cause I can't see how it or any fighter in the SF series is better or more polished then SSF2T... that and I've kindof fallen for the random Neo Geo Fighter instead.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1523s
Index - Back to Top