Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Anime Discussions
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#27  Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:39 am  Reply with quote + 
Oh man! I'm late jumping on this topic!

One of the board's biggest otaku is going to geek out and try to catch up with you all, so bare with me for a bit!

Okay so I'm gonna start with my own introduction then I'm gonna follow through with what everyone's been talking about.

I'm a huge anime fan. I've got between 2 and 3 hundred titles under my belt as well.

My general tastes vary but I tend to like romance, romance comedy, angst and the occasional scifi or fantasy but things from tons of other categories make their way in as well. I'm very well rounded but I'd have to say Romance-comedy is probably my favorite genre.

My Top 10 Anime (as of April 2010)

10 - Azumanga Daioh
9 - Transformers: The Movie
8 - Di Gi Charat
7 - Binbou Shimai Monogatari (English is: Poor Sisters Story)
6 - Record of Lodoss War
5 - Legend of the Galactic Heroes
4 - Welcome to the N.H.K.
3 - Nodame Cantabile
2 - Fate/Stay Night
1 - Super Dimensional Fortress Macross (English cut dubbed version is known as Robotech)

Okay so some stuff mentioned earlier in the topic...

I've heard Dennou Coil is very good but i haven't seen it yet. I will probably watch in some time down the road. I've got a lot in my queue right now.

I haven't watched Gintama either but its very long and looks too shounen for my tastes, but you never know my buddy is into it and just picked up the first season on dvd.

Toradora is something I want to check out. For anyone interested Nippon Ichi is releasing an american dvd in the coming months. I'll be picking it up and watching it then.

Ah, I've also Seen the first season of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I didn't love it but I enjoyed it. I don't think I'll watch the second season stuff but I'll probably check out the movie.

I've also seen and enjoyed Kino no Tabi. Weird show but it was pretty good. I enjoyed it.

I'm also going to eventually check out Monster and Clannad.

On the discussion of long shows I tend to not like shows that are ridiculously long either. I actually really like the short OVA series that tend to range from 1-10 episodes. A lot of my early shows were 90s OVAs and that really got me into anime. I do like soem long shows though. Even if you don't like long shows I have to recommend Legend of the Galactic Heroes. It a 110 episode OVA. It's a space war oepra with tons of characters many of whom are awesome. It covers a giant war between an empire and a free planets alliance. and switches the focus between each sides leader figure. Even though its so long the series does not drag at all and there is no filler. I don't really feel like going into to much detail here sicne i have so many other things to discuss but everyone should give that a look. It's awesome!

I also enjoyed Sailor moon which has about 200 episode. I've seen over half of it but its divided into multiple seasons so I'm not sure if it really counts.

Oh Speaking of one of my favorite sits, www.anidb.net Razon do you have an anime list? This is my page...

http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=userpage

If you have one I'd love to see it. Same goes for anyone else that has one or ends up making one. Check it out and friend me!

I saw Miyazaki's works were mentioned as well. Princess Mononoke and Nauisicaa of the Valley of Wind are my two favorites. good stuff.

I'll wrap it up with some recent stuff.

This season I'm currently only following Working!! and Kissxsis TV. Working is pretty fun. I'm enjoying it. I am moderately interested in Angel Beats and Arakawa under the bridge. Last season I followed and enjoyed Hanamaru Kindergarten, Hiiragi was awesome and there was NOT enough of her.

From last season I'm actually watching a few shows still as part of my back log.

Baka to Test is kind of so-so but fairly funny. I've watched 4-5 episodes.

Kimi ni Todoke is also friggin awesome. I've watched 15 of the 25 episodes so far and I love it. Sawako is adorable.

That'll do it for me. I'll be keeping an eye on this topic from now on.

View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1307s
Index - Back to Top