Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Anime Discussions
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#26  Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:32 am  Reply with quote + 
Razon wrote:
Never watched death note, as most people who liked it's taste didn't really match mine. And it didn't appeal so much, so I never felt like bothering with it.

Watching Kino no Tabi at the moment, it's an older anime. It's different I'll say that. Have to like the odd stories and their way of telling it, like the railroad episode- some classic story telling right there. Anyone else seen it?

You probably should watch Death Note, I wasn't planning on watching it either for most of the same reasons, but it was highly recommended enough by someone I trust as someone with understanding of my taste that I did. It really is better written then most anime I've seen, and it's not really what you'd expect it to be, it turns out it's a pretty well written mystery/deductive anime, where the police (and some key detectives) and a killer who can kill with only a name fight to hide and show their secrets... and some moral stuff about playing god. Either way, watch an episode or two, and you'll get a decent idea of the tone of the entire series.

As for Kino no Tabi, I really liked that series. I liked most of their little short story segments, and I liked the universe that "was not beautiful, therefore it is". It was some pretty creative stuff. Heck, I even like their odder choices, like making the motorcycle talk so they could have one character travel alone, but not alone. It was all very decent psychological stuff, especially for something that is more or less a collection of short stories. Mostly I just like how well they painted a world that is mostly horrible (in many reasons for all the gifts one would expect to be good) as though not problematic, still something worth seeing and enjoying. I should probably watch that again sometime.

Dark Zaphe wrote:

Woah, it was just a joke, bro. If you're referencing my stupid pun.

I mean, you do seem a bit testy at the moment, but it doesn't reflect back on your character. :oops: 

Anyway I'm still out of the loop on this topic so I'm just going to leave this be...

Nah, I didn't mind that, and it was an accurate enough depiction that I decided to reference it. There are certain things that just annoy me in general, and seeing as we're 2ish weeks from finals on a semester that has been mostly utter hell, I'm alot more likely to rant on things that I'd normally ignore.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1221s
Index - Back to Top