Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Translating Bomberman Manuals
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#192  Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:52 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thanks again, Ragey! :happy: 

Okay, I'll go through the enemy names, and I'll translate the Hige Hige Bandit's description, though it's probably just going to say something about its behavior rather than its story. Also, on the enemy names, if the monster's name is the same as it is in Super Bomberman 3, then I won't put the kana here.

[page 30]

ドロップ - Drop (slime enemy)
Mad Flower
Trent
Ballom

ネズラー - [Unknown; "Nezura"]
ゾンビ - Zombie
パクパク - Chomp Chomp ("Paku Paku", the snake; apparantly EVERYTHING in Bomberman that eats bombs is a freaking "paku" something)

戦闘員11号 - Combatant #11 (Hige Hige Bandit)
ボ-ッとしている弱
い敵. すぐ倒そう!
[Something about "weak enemy"]. It will probably be defeated quickly!

(Yeah, like I thought... no info as to why they're there. But it should be of note that they're "Combatants", and "Hige Hige" is not mentioned anywhere. Interestingly, the Hige Hige in Saturn Bomberman Fight! is named "Combatant #12"...)

[page 38]
オークマン - Orc Man (pig)
フィッシュマン - Fish Man (minor difference in spelling between this and SB3)
グェール - ??? (Frog, just like in SB3... Spelled a little different though, unless I messed up on the size of the ェ in my old SB3 translation)
カニバブラー Bubbler Crab

[page 44]
バスター - It's either "Buster" or "Burst". It's the same as "Basuta Slime" from SB3.
スパーキー Sparky (Jellyfish)
ゴーガ - Googa? (it's the same thing as that cone sea creature from SB3, same name too)
スケルトン - Skeleton

[page 50]
Snow Man (Yeti)
Sea Lion
Ice Tower
Pygmy

[page 55]
シャドー - Shadow
ボーガンナイツ - Bowgun Knight
ペラン - Flip ("Peran", the card soldier; "Pera" means "flip" or "thin")
ガールゴイル - Gargoyle

[page 62]
Rockun
ドグマ - Dogma (?!... this is that ant lion pit monster)
バトー - Bat
Pharaoh

[page 68]
マミー - Mummy
クラウド - Cloud
デスパイダ - Despider (Death Spider?)
Sandi (hand)

[page 77]
クリスタルデ-モン - Crystal Demon (yep, same one as in Bomberman Quest, and same name)
戦闘員 - Combatant (Gun-wielding Hige Hige Bandit)
ヌウ - Nuu (Yellow guy)
サーチロボ - Search Robo
クローラ - Crawler (worm)
メガドン - Megaboom (bomb)
Crash ("Gashin"; rock bomb eater)
ゴーレム - Golem

Also, here's something interesting about some of the enemies from Bomberman Tournament/Story. This is copypasted from Duke Serkol some time ago (hope you don't mind):

(2/17/09)

Duke Serkol wrote:
But say, did I seriously not tell you? Phantarion was not made for Bomberman Tournament. It was the setting of another Hudson franchise.
http://gameplayer.se/images/31/89/c4b9a006b865d6ccc81c3a78ebb03e07.gif See any familiar faces?

The game's a Zelda clone called Neutopia. There's two of them.
http://www.vgmaps.com/Atlas/TG16/NeutopiaII-Neutopia.png (copy and paste the link)
Check out the peculiar structure in the ice area.
http://www.vgmaps.com/Atlas/TG16/NeutopiaII-6thLabyrinth.png and its interior (seen those blocks and exterior walkways before?)

So. Yeah. I'll pause for a moment while you recover.

Ok. So here's the page with both games' maps: http://www.vgmaps.com/Atlas/TG16/

Anyway, I find it interesting how some of these monsters are almost exactly like monsters that appear in other Bomberman games (and are indeed named as such in Bomberman Tournament). So were those monsters taken from Neutopia, or was the similarity just noted? Also:

(2/18/09)

Duke Serkol wrote:
Neutopia I and II are set in different ages with the character of the second game being descendant (Son? Can't recall) of that of the first (Jazeta) and both being descendant of a previous hero (Murdock... not sure if that's the original name. Max could be another descendant. Or he could be the hero of the second game that you get to name.

I think they decided to make it the same universe upon coming up with Tournament.
Interestingly, Neutopia II ends with the words "Neutopia III coming 199X". Tournament came out in 2001, but there was no Neutopia III ever... so maybe they decided to make the fanbase happy by making it out of a Bomberman game (even revealing that Max belongs tot hat world and thus is likely to be a descendant of Murdock)?
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1521s
Index - Back to Top