BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: What games are you playing/looking forward to?
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#64  Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:49 pm  Reply with quote + 
Wii version, PS2 version would be preferable if i had a PS2, but I don't. Game plays alright, the amount of text commitment on each chapter is pretty massive (I'd say I spend more time reading text then I ever do in the strategy mode, it's almost certainly more of the game unless the later missions get really hard (in addition to being fairly sizable)), especially if you want to be a perfectionist... which I do... so I'm cheating by using a walkthrough (no spoilers, just multiple choice answers, and enough info to figure out the best paths, I'm a cheater, but atleast I should be able to see all the endings but one on a single play through, and yes I have no regrets to cheating, I play games how I feel will be most enjoyable to me, and I've found such tactics for strategy games doesn't hurt my enjoyment, though it'll probably make the strategy segments alot easier in end game, perhaps sometime I'll punish myself by doing a fresh start complete rudeness run, and see how well I can do with everyone hating me) to get me through my first playthrough, and get me to the slightly modified game plays and decide what I want to do, the battle itself is quite fun, though I somehow doubt that there will be nearly enough of it.

Story is entertaining, and get's better when the amount of battle increases over time (first battle is really small, and the first chapter may be the longest text wise)... characters are decent if not a tad cliche as well (and that doesn't bother me anyway).

Battle isn't as good as VC in my opinion (and they're somewhat related), but it's still pretty good, no cover fire or anything like that, and it feels a tad more square based (especially with things like you can regain movement by walking back twords your starting space, despite the actual location being blocked, so you can walk around a large wall, back twords where you are without sacrificing sp, it basically means you can walk around and think of what you're doing eternally, and fine tune every little thing). Regular maps are gimmicky and I like it, bosses are fun (and also gimmicky) and there's one for all 7 chapters it seems.

I don't know, in the end I like it better then I thought I might, though I'm going to need to find another game to play between chapters, as I just beat red steel and without something between chapters the text can get a little bet crazy (Every chapter seems to be atleast an hour in text alone..., and I'm still early into the game, so battles will start taking forever I theorize...), so it was certainly worthwhile... and it might get a replay or two over time!

Though if I get a ps3 soon which I might, playing threw and finally finishing VC will be priority.

Sorry my review is so ranty, good luck with it, I'm really quite enjoying it though.

--edit-- And redsteel 2, which I just beat, sword play feels fantastic, still based on prehashed motions, but they all come off well and if I don't do what I want it's because I'm actually doing the wrong motion entirely (I do stabs instead of top down swings due to similarities in the appearance of the logo too often). It's really quite fun though, due to nice smooth controls that rely on you putting movement into it. Environment is decent, I always liked western-samuri crossovers, story is pretty bad and uninteresting, people killed your clan, you kill their clan, something about a sword.

--double edit--

One last random note, the main protagonist of Sakura Wars (V) is Shinjiro (Taiga), the final boss and main antagonist of Red Steel 2 is also a Shinjiro... though of course no full name. Yay for random!

Last edited by fireball87 on Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:50 am
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1645s
Index - Back to Top