Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Big Virtual Bomberman find!
Ragey
Board Admin

Post#8  Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:04 pm  Reply with quote + 
Awesome find! Seeing the development of a game is one of those things that always interests me, betas especially, so seeing what's effectively the roots of Bomberman World is brilliant. I ran some bits of the flyer through SmartOCR, but it seems to get hung up on italics so it couldn't recognise a lot. I did grab the dolphin's text, if that means anything.
Quote:
ステーヅ2
リック
特殊能カ
タッシュ:高速移動できる障富物に当たるまで止まれない。
溜めダッシュ:ダッシュより高速に移動し、ソフトブロックを破壊することができる。
It's called Rick (same as in World) and has a dashing ability. Anyone have any idea what "sute-zu" means, or have I just transcribed that wrong?

I really need to get some Bomberman World coverage so I can compare things better, but that screenshot of the forest level with the bridge seems very familiar, I'd almost dare say it's a close approximation of level 1-3 in World, though I'd need to actually check it out for myself to verify.
Also, man, aside from Planet Virtual Boy there's just about no info on this thing on the whole friggin' internet. A Japanese fansite mentions it briefly (the main info page on Planet VB looks to have just translated this info, or maybe vice versa) and a blog tells me it was covered in Issue 25 of Famicom Journal way back in 1995. Yeah, fat chance of us ever getting our hands on that. I might ask around at Lost Levels if anyone has that, as I'm aware of a few people there who have small collections of old Japanese gaming magazines, though I can't imagine there being much luck.
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.0744s
Index - Back to Top