BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Thinking about getting first new system since N64. Wii?
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#4  Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:15 pm  Reply with quote + 
I have a Wii. It's alright I guess. I haven't gotten anything new for it in a while, seeing as there isn't really any games I'd want for it that serves some practically. But here's a brief list of games that I played for it that are pretty fun (in no particular order).

WarioWare Inc. Smooth Moves - If you don't mind looking like a moron with your friends, this game is probably one of the funnest games on the console. It's only really fun with friends though and can get really boring by yourself, unfortunately (the sole reason why I haven't bought it).

Super Smash Bros. Brawl - I don't think I need to explain why it's awesome. I bought my Wii for this game alone.

Super Mario Galaxy - Mario 64 in space, pretty much.

Resident Evil: The Umbrella/Darkside Chronicles - Fun arcade style shooter games based on the Resident Evil games. You don't really need to play any of other games to get what goes on in these games, although it's more enjoyable if you have.

House of the Dead 2 & 3 - Another arcade style shooter featuring zombies and such. Essentially exact ports of the original games.

Metroid Prime 3/Trilogy - Although motion senor heavy, I found these games to be completely enjoyable. It's basically first person Metroid. If you plan on getting this, you're probably better off getting Trilogy, as you get all three games (with Wii controls) for the price of one.

Super Paper Mario - Plays like old school Mario games, but features some RPG elements like HP and experience points. It also has some goofy characters and plot, like the other Mario RPG games.

Another cool thing about the Wii is that you can purchase and play all sorts of old school games, including NES, Super NES, Nintendo 64, and even other consoles like the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive, Master System, PC Engine/TurboGrafx, and Neo Geo. They also have some neat original games for download as well, like Mega Man 9 and the newly released 10, Gradius and CastleVania Rebirth and others.

Another plus with the Wii is that it plays GameCube games too, so you can get some of the good games you missed for it as well.

Also, I actually find the D-pad for the PlayStation consoles to be rather comfortable. :/

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1216s
Index - Back to Top