BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Thinking about getting first new system since N64. Wii?
chris_h
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:14 am  Reply with quote + 
I went overto my friends house tonight for some gaming. First night in a long time. We played some N64, and then some Saturn bomberman (he sucks at bomberman). On the 64 we played Mario Kart and Dr Mario. Our 64 controllers no longer play like new.

He has a X-box, but I still have not learned to play the new two joystick style shooting games. I have played once or twice against experienced players, and I was too unskilled for it to be fun for either of us. So we didnt touch the x-box.

I was feeling sort of spacy, more in the mood for an easy, casual, cooperative game such as SNES Turtles in Time, rather than the competitive and serious games we were playing.

My SNES is back at my parents house, and I do not even have a tv at the moment. And my controllers are falling apart, like every one elses. I am not really a serous gamer at all anymore.

This got thinking about maybe getting a TV and a wii. I have minimal experience with the wii. I tried a bowling game once, and my cousin once showed me how it plays old SNES and NES games. Seems like the NES ability would be perfect, as the new controllers are fairly classic with D-pad and two buttons. And controllers that worked consistently would be such a pleasure.

Also, I am really excited about the Bomberman Live: Battlefest game with capture the flag, as I posted in the other thread. Years ago, I ebayed a Sega Saturn, two mutlitaps, and a bunch of controllers just for Saturn Bomberman. So a new system just for Bomberman Live: Battlefest is not out of the question. And the wii D-pad sure looks so nice and clearn compared to the Playstation and xbox D-pads.

Anyway, I thought I should ask about the wii now that I have it in my mind. I know very little about modern gaming.

I am not really intested in the motion sensing controller games. Bowling game I tried was stupid. So how many wii games just use the D pad and buttons? I see there is a new 2D Mario for wii. I love 2d gaming. Are there lots of new good 2d games?

And maybe it is time for me to learn the two joystick thing so I can play Halo with the guys, although I am still relectant. I feel that it is hopeless at this point now that they have thousands of hours and me zero. And I am gettting old and dont have much time to waste playing games. How long would it take me to catch up? Are there wii games that would be appropriate for learning the two joystick thing? I assume that once you learn one two joystick shooter, you can play them all, correct?
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1196s
Index - Back to Top