Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: DS or PSP?
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:43 pm  Reply with quote + 
If there is already a topic for this, then I'm probably not aloud to bum pit.
Anyways, I used to think PSP was better than a DS for alot of reasons. Well starting my first days with it, I played Monster Hunter Freedom Unite and Daxter most of the time. But then when I got Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks a few days later it really harmed my time with the PSP. I originally intended to get either a PlayStation 2 or another 3 $20 PSN cards, but now that I've witnessed what the PSP has to offer now, I know for sure I'm not planning to get any more stuff for my PSP for quite a while (until some true killer apps arive, I'm not going to be thinking about it for a while). Well you may or may not suggest one of those Final Fantasy games, but considering how Daxter and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite got bundled with the PSP in atleast one region (and both sold atleast 2 million copies), I considered those 2 killer apps for the PSP over anything else (even though I do remember there being a PSP bundle for one of the Final Fantasy games). Now I know for sure I'm going to atleast consider Final Fantasy XI, but I'm not considering any of the others until I see how good that one is. Now according to my one neaighbor, he not only knows why I'm not having a good time with my PSP, he also claims he knows exactly why PSP Games sell poorly. He says that nearly every PSP game sucks. I'm serious, he said that. I can agree with him on that (this also coming from the guy who is aware that Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is the best PSP Game in existance). But if Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is really the best there is, I'm REALLY disappointed then. Now it may or may not be because of hacking that causes the PSP Games to not sell well (my friend tells me that it's not really hacking though), but to me he has a point. Let's compare Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (the best PSP game), with Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver (the best DS games). Monster Hunter Freedom Unite sold around 3.5 million copies in around 3 monthes, and HeartGold and SoulSilver sold around the same amount in a smaller amount of time (about 3-4 weeks actually, if not only 6 weeks [though still faster than MHFU]). Well both of those games are RPGs, so it should make more sense to why they're good (but the difference is that Nintendo advertises it more while Capcom does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to advertise in the U.S. [Kind of funny though, since HeartGold and SoulSilver haven't been released in the U.S. yet. But trust me, it's going to be BIG when it does get released]). Other than what both Companies do to promote it, both of which have advantages over the other. On one hand, you have simple and easy to get used to RPG Gameplay and also amazing and simple Online that can easily allow you to acquire other Pokemon from the version you don't have with ease (plus online battling as well, but you need friend codes for that). On the other hand, you have unusually rough and difficult battles and start off with the weakest weapons in history and have to get used to very awkward camera control and you don't get true online service like Pokemon, but you can have DLC to download and use though. So which do you think would appeal to me more? Easy and simple with a bunch of extras (Pokemon games)? Or hard and difficult but has only DLC and better graphics to support it (MHFU)? I prefer Pokemon alot more, mainly because I've trusted that series for years (I'm only just new to Monster Hunter, so I can't really say much anyways). Now what do I intendo to get for my birthday instead then? Most likely a DSi. Well Sonic Advance bores me now, Jurassic Park III: Park Builder no longer works, and the only reason I need Pokemon Emerald is to acquire Rayquaza, Groudon, and Kyogre (all three of which can be acquired in HeartGold or SoulSilver, so there goes the need for Emerald). So why should I even bother with a DS Lite when I have absolutely no need for the GBA Slot anymore? I shouldn't need to. I just thought about how I didn't need GBA Games anymore when I was only a few weeks away from getting a PSP. I used to think the DSi was a bad idea because of the lack of a GBA Slot, but then when I thought about it more, I felt that a DSi is even better than my plan to get a DS Lite (even though it's $40 more expensive and has a slightly smaller battery life [but the battery life is always around atleast 3 hours from everything I've witnessed with handhelds]). Phew, sorry if I kind of got off-topic with that last bit, but I kind of had to post as much as I can.. x.x
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1369s
Index - Back to Top