Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Which is better?
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#30  Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:01 am  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
I also bought a copy of 1942 for NES a looong time ago simply cause I played and loved an arcade game called 19XX: The War Against Destiny. I figured hey it's the same series, I'm sure its good.

You had your NES really late as a kid, 19XX was released in the US arcades in 1996. (the year after the nes was discontinued I guess, but well into the and nearing the end of the SNES erra) You sure you're thinking of 19XX?

And I like the early 19XX series games, though 1943 was better then 1942 in every way, mostly cause it replaced that annoying background beeping with memorable musics. I actually tend to prefer the earlier ones to 19XX, though my favorite is 1941. 19XX was a more modern bullet hell SHUMP, and while I like that style of shump as well, I'd normally rather play Giga Wing or some of the Aero Fighters or something else. Perhaps I'll play some 19XX on my arcade machine this week just for you though.

As for what the NES can offer in shooters, 1942 isn't exactly a great example, just a decent implimentation of a arcade game of the early nes days. I'll still take Life Force and The Guardian Legend over most shooters of the 90s. One of the two is certain to be in my list of greatest games, if not the only shump in that list. Though that's just because I don't consider all that many shumps to be truly amazing.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2128s
Index - Back to Top