BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Which is better?
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#29  Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:35 pm  Reply with quote + 
Mighty wrote:
Quote:
Just out of curiosity, what are these "other games" you mention? Also, whose this "everyone else" you are referring to?

You know, I actually can't remember. It's been a few years since I had to deal with that problem.
Edit: I remember a few of them now actually.
Finding Nemo Video Game for GameCube (This was my first mistake, and I was only around 8-9 when I got it). THis game is the reason I don't have Wind Waker. I liked the movie alot so I thought the game would be good. But when I tried to play it, I never even got passed the loading screens because they last FOREVER. The load times are about 10 minutes or so long, and this is why I believe Load Times exist because developers merely chose to program them into the game.
Godzilla Unleashed Doubel Smash for the DS. This is so far my most recent mistake. It happened about 2 years ago at Christmas time, and I got this game because I didn't have a Wii at the time so I couldn't get Godzilla Unleashed for the Wii. I played it the first time, and got rediculiously slow pacing, bad combat, bad graphics, boring levels and repitiveness, and way to hard to play. I'm surprised I even bothered to get a 100% clear file on it. It took me one year to complete it, but provided it wasn't boring like I knew it was, I would've beaten it in less than a day.

As already said, you were younger and didn't know.
But, as a heads up, most movie-to-games suck (especially something like Finding Nemo or whatever, stuff generally aimed towards little kids). lol Although the keyword is most, there are some that are quite good, if not sometimes better then the actual movie, but that's something you'd have to research and try out to find out for yourself.

Mighty wrote:
Quote:
Unless they were really mediocre games, I don't really understand how you can regret buying a game when they weren't necessarily bad. I would understand if they were perhaps way below your expectations or just turned out to be pretty crappy and picked it on a whim, but if they weren't bad so to speak I don't really understand how they could be regretful.

They were either completely different from what I expected them to be or had unfair amounts of load times, glitches, or some other problems.

Okay, I can accept that.

Mighty wrote:
Quote:
Well, there will always be good and crappy games , regardless of what console you get (although it's much more apparent on Wii, but that's beside the point). It's a matter of finding "the gold", so to speak.

About that crappy games are mostly on the Wii...

Don't put words in my mouth (or whatever the Internet equivalent would be). That's not what I said, I said it's more apparent on the Wii. What I meant is that it's harder to find good games for the Wii when there is a undeniably large heap of garbage in the console's library. There are some good games on the Wii too, it just requires more effort to find.

Mighty wrote:
...is everyone blind when I keep saying a really big game for the Wii is going to be released sometime in Spring? I kept saying that Monster Hunter Tri is going to be a VERY good reason to get a Wii other than Nintendo Games, but nobody really seemed to pay attention. :/

I wouldn't say that everyone's "blind." That's a subject that really boils down to a matter of opinion. I dunno, if I look into it, I may be interested in it, but from what I've read from the other games, it doesn't sound very appealing to me (not too mention I've lost a lot of faith in the Wii, seriously only considering getting like 2-4 games for it and probably be done with it). I dunno, we'll see in due time I suppose.

Mighty wrote:
Quote:
Can you really blame Sony though? I think only a couple of games actually made use of that thing you're talking about (FFXI being one of them, not even sure about any others). Besides, can you imagine how much of a technical nightmare it'd be to try to get that bulky thing to attach to a PS2 Slim (not to mention how horrendous/ridiculous it would look)?

No no no, that's not what I meant. I meant why didn't they just have a built in HDD like they did the interent connection hardware? I don't really see why they left a slimmed down HDD out of the plans for the Slim. Although, I do hear from somewhere that modded Slim models can have HDD's built into them... I can't remember where I heard that though.

Same reason they didn't leave the ports for it, probably. Plus, as I already mentioned, they probably figured there were only a handful of games that took advantage of that anyway.

Mighty wrote:
Quote:
I know it's not necessarily a solution, but I believe you can play it on a PS3 (the PS2-compatible models, obviously), if you ever decide to get one, and just download a certain item from the PSN store (the item in question is completely free, last I checked). Or you can always try to hunt down a old PS2 and the accessory required.

About that, I intend to get the Slim PS3 since it's cheaper, and since it lacks PS2 backward compatibility, I can't exactly try and do that.

Personally, I would focus on getting one of the PS2-backwards compatible ones myself, as I prefer to have one system that can play three consoles worth of games rather then have one that can play two and another that can play the other, but if that's not something you can do, then I can see why you'd want to go with the cheaper alternative.

Mighty wrote:
Quote:
That's cool. But as already mentioned, that's not what some of us were getting irritated about in the first place. :perplex: 

.........Wha?

(sigh) times like this I wish there was a facepalm emote. Kidding.

The reason we were getting irritated was mentioned a couple of times already, but I think fireball said it best.

fireball87 wrote:
Your unwillingness to even give any thought to berating things you obviously have no experience with is starting to get on my nerves.

Mighty wrote:
Quote:
I played and finished the second one (I admit it was mostly for research purposes (I was cosplaying as one of the Organization XIII members, Vexen, for an anime convention, but I discovered he wasn't even in the game anyway lol)), it's a pretty cool game. Although I have the first and recently obtained the PS2 remake of Chain of Memories, I have yet to finish either of them, but I plan on doing so in the future. I eventually plan on getting the DS one (361 1/2 Days, I think it was called) simply because I find the idea of playing as any of the Organization XIII members to be really cool. In other words: it's a pretty cool series. Although if you're expecting all of them to play like Chain of Memories, don't. They all play more like third-person action RPGs. But based on what I have played, it's quite a entertaining game.

So which do you recommend, the PS2 Chain of Memories or the GBA Chain of Memories (I never said I owned the GBA Version, I just said I played it before)?

Seeing as the PS2 one is supposed to be the enhanced remake and the PS2 is obviously better equipped then the GBA, I'd say the PS2 one based entirely on that (unless you think you're more likely to play it on the go, then probably the GBA). The PS2 one has more voice-acting, better cutscenes, and is really a updated version of the game. The disadvantage is that it's not portable, and if you already played one of them, you pretty much played them both.

Mighty wrote:
And one other thing I should mnetion, nobody bugs me to get any of those games until I finally get Wind Waker like I've been trying to for years. Seriously, I've been interrupted too many times whenever I had the chance to get it so then as soon as I get a DSi and PS2, I'm going to get Wind Waker. SIMPLE AS THAT.
By the way, I just remembered that some of you said you don't know what Monster Hunter is. Well have a look at this video from the currently Japanese Exclusive Monster Hunter Frontier and it should explain everything.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV_3GeAhVHY

Okay, I'm fine with that. Get what you want first, then check out our recommendations sometime when you feel like it.

And seeing as replying to just one post ended up this long, I'll just end this post by saying that I pretty much agree with everything Regulus said.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1511s
Index - Back to Top