Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Which is better?
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#28  Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:23 pm  Reply with quote + 
Quote:
Edit: I remember a few of them now actually.
Finding Nemo Video Game for GameCube (This was my first mistake, and I was only around 8-9 when I got it). THis game is the reason I don't have Wind Waker. I liked the movie alot so I thought the game would be good. But when I tried to play it, I never even got passed the loading screens because they last FOREVER. The load times are about 10 minutes or so long, and this is why I believe Load Times exist because developers merely chose to program them into the game.
Godzilla Unleashed Doubel Smash for the DS. This is so far my most recent mistake. It happened about 2 years ago at Christmas time, and I got this game because I didn't have a Wii at the time so I couldn't get Godzilla Unleashed for the Wii. I played it the first time, and got rediculiously slow pacing, bad combat, bad graphics, boring levels and repitiveness, and way to hard to play. I'm surprised I even bothered to get a 100% clear file on it. It took me one year to complete it, but provided it wasn't boring like I knew it was, I would've beaten it in less than a day.

See this is more like it! When you provide examples people can take you more seriously.

As for finding Nemo you were just a kid dood. It's a mistake lots of kids make. I've got a few games I bought as a child that ended up being terrible. I blew them out of proportion and didn't do any research on them.

A fine example is a SNES game called Simant. I basically looked at the covered imagined what it would be like and bought it. terrible mistake... Here I was thinking oh this is probably some crazy shit like a strategy game where you harvest ant colonies and take over other ones through combat. My imagination went wild. Had I watched this video I never ever would have bought it. Boringest shit ever...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ucLyqEboGM

Yes basically I was right. It's about establishing an ant colony and taking over the other one but it's pretty difficult, hard to understand, it feels old and clunky and I found it boring to play. The fact that I was playing the SNES version probably doesn't help either. Playing on a computer with a mouse probably would've been a little better.

I also bought a copy of 1942 for NES a looong time ago simply cause I played and loved an arcade game called 19XX: The War Against Destiny. I figured hey it's the same series, I'm sure its good.

This is the awesome shooter I played in the arcade....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y41Ki6ztNzg

This is the garbage I ended up buying...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTTR6U2a9dg

You can see why I was disappointed. I was a stupid kid and if I was older I would've known better then to think an NES game could ever match the quality of that gorgeous arcade shooter.

You make mistakes when you're young cause you assume something is gonna be the way you envision it or you take someone else's world for it. If you read up on something before you buy it you should have less regrets in the future.

And you can trust me when I say the games I mentioned earlier will be better then a game based off of Finding Nemo. lol, but to find out if it's something you'll like you really need to check it out first.

If you're current goal is to get Wind Waker then don't let us distract you, but the next time you're gonna get a game check out the ones we mentioned.

View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1470s
Index - Back to Top