Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Which is better?
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#25  Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:31 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
Mighty wrote:
Quote:
...to the point of not even looking at the links we provided? Or even looking up what were talking about? Hate to keep sounding like a jerk about this, but I find that to be a rather weak excuse. :/ There are many great, high-quality titles from third party developers. Heck, third-party titles are amongst some of the few things I ever really get these days, considering Nintendo's current strategy and direction, but I digress.

Meh, I don't really look into these kinds of videos for some odd reason that I don't even know. Maybe that's why I don't watch Bomberman Jetters like I want to. :/

Mighty, it sounds to me like your problem is you don't do enough research before you buy something. Especially when you say you don't have alot of money which seems to be one of your problems. That makes it all the more important to research the titles you're thinking about buying. Don't take someone else's word for it! You have to find out for yourself if you'll like it.

I am absolutely not saying, "IGNORE EVERYTHING EVERYONE SAYS!"

What I mean is if someone recommends a game to you get as much info about it from them as you can. If you have a friend that says to you "Hey dood, There's this game called Dragon Warrior Monsters out there that's really awesome."

You ask them what its like and how it plays. If they own the title ask them if you can try it out? If you can't try the game out without buying it then you can go onto a wonderful place called the internet and watch videos on it, read reviews or check out a game's website. You can also talk to people on forums like this and get more information from people that played it first hand.

I personally don't suggest basing your entire decision on what others say but just listening to what someone has to say doesn't hurt. I base most of my personal videogame choices on gameplay videos and reading what a game is about on website. Sometimes I'll add in what others say to me, especially when it's friends i know have similar tastes to me. When I'm checking out a game I'll also take note of if it looks similar to other games I've played and how much I liked them. So if a game looks similar to Disgaea but is set in perhaps a scifi world instead of a fantasy one I'd probably be really interested in it. Since I love disgaea and I love scifi.

Mighty wrote:
Quote:
Just out of curiosity, what are these "other games" you mention? Also, whose this "everyone else" you are referring to?

You know, I actually can't remember. It's been a few years since I had to deal with that problem.

The fact that you can't even remember these games you spent your hard earned money on and was so disappointed with really bothers me. You'd think you'd remember it so you wouldn't make a similar mistake.

I'm just not taking the bait....

I edited the post about what games made me regret buying them, and I'm trying to remember what other games there were as well. Just give me a while to think about it and I'll have more examples.
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1264s
Index - Back to Top