BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Which is better?
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#24  Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
Mighty wrote:
Quote:
...to the point of not even looking at the links we provided? Or even looking up what were talking about? Hate to keep sounding like a jerk about this, but I find that to be a rather weak excuse. :/ There are many great, high-quality titles from third party developers. Heck, third-party titles are amongst some of the few things I ever really get these days, considering Nintendo's current strategy and direction, but I digress.

Meh, I don't really look into these kinds of videos for some odd reason that I don't even know. Maybe that's why I don't watch Bomberman Jetters like I want to. :/

Mighty, it sounds to me like your problem is you don't do enough research before you buy something. Especially when you say you don't have alot of money which seems to be one of your problems. That makes it all the more important to research the titles you're thinking about buying. Don't take someone else's word for it! You have to find out for yourself if you'll like it.

I am absolutely not saying, "IGNORE EVERYTHING EVERYONE SAYS!"

What I mean is if someone recommends a game to you get as much info about it from them as you can. If you have a friend that says to you "Hey dood, There's this game called Dragon Warrior Monsters out there that's really awesome."

You ask them what its like and how it plays. If they own the title ask them if you can try it out? If you can't try the game out without buying it then you can go onto a wonderful place called the internet and watch videos on it, read reviews or check out a game's website. You can also talk to people on forums like this and get more information from people that played it first hand.

I personally don't suggest basing your entire decision on what others say but just listening to what someone has to say doesn't hurt. I base most of my personal videogame choices on gameplay videos and reading what a game is about on website. Sometimes I'll add in what others say to me, especially when it's friends i know have similar tastes to me. When I'm checking out a game I'll also take note of if it looks similar to other games I've played and how much I liked them. So if a game looks similar to Disgaea but is set in perhaps a scifi world instead of a fantasy one I'd probably be really interested in it. Since I love disgaea and I love scifi.

Mighty wrote:
Quote:
Just out of curiosity, what are these "other games" you mention? Also, whose this "everyone else" you are referring to?

You know, I actually can't remember. It's been a few years since I had to deal with that problem.

The fact that you can't even remember these games you spent your hard earned money on and was so disappointed with really bothers me. You'd think you'd remember it so you wouldn't make a similar mistake.

I'm just not taking the bait....

Also, I watched that video you posted. From what I can see it looks like it plays a lot like World of Warcraft or FFXI. I'm guessing the quirk of this game is you hunt all these monsters until you've hunted them all down and you become a master hunter almost like collecting Pokemon only you hunt them instead of capturing them. I'm assuming there are also all sorts of quests you can do on the side. To be honest it really doesn't look that bad and it was developed by Capcom which is one of the better development teams still out there.

I have games that do play similar to this, like Phantasy Star Online and Phantasy Star Universe, but I don't have much time for MMOs anymore and when I do play one I want to make more progress in PSU or play some Nostalgic PSO. The whole hunting monsters thing doesn't sound bad but when that's you're only really goal is to hunt down all the monsters out there I guess that's not enough for me, but who knows what the future holds maybe I'll try it out someday. I've still got a lot of stuff on my plate right now, and I rarely have the time and motivation at once to work on all my stuff and have been mostly playing cutesy short anime-style games.

Anyway I'm still a bit upset over this whole ordeal. It's hard for people to take anything you say seriously when you dismiss such a great assortment of games for unfounded reasons.

Basically my whole standpoint is....
"This guy thinks all these great games are boring and unoriginal? He doesn't even know what he's talking about. Why should I even listen to what he has to say?"

You need to have a more open mind about what's out there, and really like I said Please do research on games you're thinking about getting. Don't run out and buy something blind just because someone said you should and feel like you have the right to be upset about it afterwords. You'll only be doing yourself a favor.

Last edited by Regulus 777 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:48 pm
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1261s
Index - Back to Top