BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Which is better?
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#22  Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:34 pm  Reply with quote + 
Mighty wrote:
Quote:
flat out ignoring and criticizing something you think you won't be interested in

I say that kind of stuff because I just don't feel like trusting any other game made by anyone who's not Nintendo, last time I did trust 3rd Parties more often I totally regretted it 3 times before.

...to the point of not even looking at the links we provided? Or even looking up what were talking about? Hate to keep sounding like a jerk about this, but I find that to be a rather weak excuse. :/ There are many great, high-quality titles from third party developers. Heck, third-party titles are amongst some of the few things I ever really get these days, considering Nintendo's current strategy and direction, but I digress.

Mighty wrote:
I could've got Legend of Zelda Wind Waker one time, I see another game that everyone told me was awesome, and I completely blow it by founding out that long load times (by 10 minutes actually), strictly linear gameplay, and short single player mode made me completely regret it. I could've been playing Wind Waker to this day if it wasn't for what everyone fooled me into believing! I also could've been playing Super Mario 64 DS and Bomberman 64: Second Attack, but again I listen to everyone else and it tunrs into rubbish.

Just out of curiosity, what are these "other games" you mention? Also, whose this "everyone else" you are referring to?

Mighty wrote:
Well it didn't actually turn out to be just 3 games that were bad, but it was just 3 games that I regret before because I also had the oportunity to get the better game, but everyone else convinced me otherwise.

Unless they were really mediocre games, I don't really understand how you can regret buying a game when they weren't necessarily bad. I would understand if they were perhaps way below your expectations or just turned out to be pretty crappy and picked it on a whim, but if they weren't bad so to speak I don't really understand how they could be regretful.

Mighty wrote:
Most of my DS and GameCube and Wii Games are pretty much wrecks and most of them I had to sell and now I fell that my DSand Wii are starting to wear me down because of that.

Well, there will always be good and crappy games , regardless of what console you get (although it's much more apparent on Wii, but that's beside the point). It's a matter of finding "the gold", so to speak.

Mighty wrote:
And so you know, I actually bothered to look up Final Fantasy XI, but I would've considered getting it for PS2 when I decided to get one, it's now Sony's fault that I can't because they removed the Expansion Bay from the PS2 Slim.

Can you really blame Sony though? I think only a couple of games actually made use of that thing you're talking about (FFXI being one of them, not even sure about any others). Besides, can you imagine how much of a technical nightmare it'd be to try to get that bulky thing to attach to a PS2 Slim (not to mention how horrendous/ridiculous it would look)?

I know it's not necessarily a solution, but I believe you can play it on a PS3 (the PS2-compatible models, obviously), if you ever decide to get one, and just download a certain item from the PSN store (the item in question is completely free, last I checked). Or you can always try to hunt down a old PS2 and the accessory required.

Mighty wrote:
ANd I also DO intend to try a few of those games you are talking about, but like I already said, I cannot afford them at the time, and I am saving my money to buy a DSi. That and most of those games are for consoles I don't even have yet.
But I must warn you on this, I had better not regret trying out those games.

That's cool. But as already mentioned, that's not what some of us were getting irritated about in the first place. :perplex: 

Mighty wrote:
ALthough, I propably won't regret Kingdom Hearts since I did play Chain of Memory's for the GBA once, and I kind of liked that game. Sorry if that makes you mad by me saying that, but I tend to forget what it is I'm interested in and what I'm not. I only just recently remembered that I played a Kingdom Hearts game once.

I played and finished the second one (I admit it was mostly for research purposes (I was cosplaying as one of the Organization XIII members, Vexen, for an anime convention, but I discovered he wasn't even in the game anyway lol)), it's a pretty cool game. Although I have the first and recently obtained the PS2 remake of Chain of Memories, I have yet to finish either of them, but I plan on doing so in the future. I eventually plan on getting the DS one (361 1/2 Days, I think it was called) simply because I find the idea of playing as any of the Organization XIII members to be really cool. In other words: it's a pretty cool series. Although if you're expecting all of them to play like Chain of Memories, don't. They all play more like third-person action RPGs. But based on what I have played, it's quite a entertaining game.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1366s
Index - Back to Top