Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Which is better?
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#19  Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:34 am  Reply with quote + 
Mighty wrote:
Here's the real reason I don't try any of those games. Whenever I used to try games other than what Nintendo makes, I ALWAYS end up regretting it somehow. 3 of my games are all wastes of money because people told me to try them out similar to how you guys are trying to tell me to try out those RPGs. If I don't want to try those out, I don't want to try those out. I don't have the money for these kinds of things anyways, so why would I just waste what I do have on something I probably never play?

I'm honestly don't care if you play the games or not, as long as you say, stop generalizing the entire genre and berating games you know nothing about. If you don't know about something don't talk about it, especially don't berate things you don't honestly have any real experience with based on nothing. When you say that a game (especially one that doesn't even fall into the genre) defines a genre and all other games (even some of the greatest counterpoints) as mediocre garbage with reasoning that only describes the lowest of the low quality games it's gonna ruffle some feathers. Calling things people enjoy garbage with no knowledge of it just isn't a good choice. Heck I'm annoyed and I'm not even a huge fan of RPGs (I play about 1 to 3 a year, and finish less then that). I can barely imagine how annoyed stuff like this could make my friends who are particularly fond of a good (or even decent) RPG.

Here's an example. I don't particularly like or listen to country, but you don't hear me saying that any particular artist is twangy crap with out an ounce of originality, nor do you hear me referring to a rock artist as the greatest country music artist of all times... I don't have enough experience with the specific subject matter to even talk. The only thing I have the experience to be able to clearly say is "I'm not a huge fan of the genre", or if I've heard some examples from the artist I can say I don't like the specific artist. That's it, anything else and my friends will likely bloody me up nice and proper.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1234s
Index - Back to Top