Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Which is better?
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#14  Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:10 pm  Reply with quote + 
-_____- Well to me RPGs are basically games such as Pokemon, Legend of Zelda, and Monster Hunter. And I say that those other RPG games have bad combat systems mainly because they are A: Similar to Pokemon. Seriously, I can only imagine that with Pokemon, everyother game to use that kind of combat system looks ridiculous. B: When combat starts, you are suddenly warped to some strange arena which looks absolutely nothing like we're you are supposed to be. C: RPGs tend to have level up systems for characters even though it only seems realistic on Pokemon and Digimon. So far Monster Hunter and Legend of Zelda are the best when it comes to handling these problems because both games lack character level up systems (though Monster Hunter has something like that for EQUIPMENT. It makes more sense if it's just for equipment.), both battles take place in the same exact area you encounter enemies, both have more realistic tones to them, and both are definately more appealing to me. The reason I never really go to any of those RPGs you mention is because they either have confusing plots, too much focus on graphics, not very entertaining battles, not very involved battles, lack of variety in what else you can do, and maybe some other stuff I may be leaving out. Ok, I guess I can admit Monster Hunter somehow has lack of variety as well mainly because 85 percent of the time you're just slaying the same monster over and over again just to get the mjaterials you need for better gear, but I'm not criticising it because I always seem to have to do that kind of stuff with MMORPGs (funny thing I should mention, one of the Monster Hunter games is a MMORPG that will easily ANIHILATE everyother MMORPG that came before it.). Did I explain all this well enough or do I need to explain it a bit more?
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1258s
Index - Back to Top