Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Which is better?
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#12  Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:53 am  Reply with quote + 
Mighty wrote:
Well the reason I think Zelda is an RPG because it basically is an RPG.

Wow, I'm totally convinced that Zelda is an RPG now. You explained that really well.

Mighty wrote:
too bad all of those RPGs you mentioned have an unoriginal battle system which I don't actually like

lol, I'm sorry for you then if you think all of these battle systems are unoriginal... Guess I'm going to try and explain some stuff to you one last time before I give up.

Tales of Symphonia or I should say the "Tales of" series has one of the most enjoyable and original Battle systems ever made. Even now there are very few games that play the way these do. It's real time there are tons of spells and skills to learn that are all set to a button combination so you can use whichever ones you want an set them to a button combination you feel comfortable with. Most of the games in the series are multiplayer for battles and you can have your friends each control a character in your party. How awesome and original is that? This game is so entertaining.

I have to say that the older Phantasy Star games do have a cold cut traditional battle style. they are older games after all. What makes the games good is the story, music and characters mainly. Phantasy Star Online was the first big console MMORPG. You could play in parties of 4 with your friends and search for thousands of rare items.

Breath of Fire also has kind of a traditional turn based battle system. Again the characters are cool and the story is good.

Mario RPG pretty much invented the time attacks battle system. If you time your hits just right you'll do extra damage so it gives a little more player interaction then most other RPGs of the time did. What made Mario RPG original was the concept in and of itself. Let's put mario in an rpg. it was one of the best games of its time.

Now Final Fantasy Tactics revolutionized the Tactical RPG. Most Tactical RPGs before this simply just was about leveling up characters and buying them new weapons. They'd have preset jobs and could promote upon meeting a certain requirement. In FFT you chose what jobs you wanted characters to have whenever you wanted. There were tons of abilities set to each job that a character could learn and as you mastered jobs you got new ones to try out. So every character was very unique. You can also set a sub job which lets you use the skills you've learned from one job while playing as another. I'd say that's pretty original.

And Disgaea Re-revolutionized the Tactical RPG. It took FFT and wiped the floor with it. You weren't able to have multiple jobs skills at once but it had crazy level caps. Characters could go into the 1000s The battle system allows all sorts of crazy shit never seen in a tactical rpg before. You can lift characters and enemies and throw them to reach areas over cliffs. Any character can learn any ability and use any weapon they want. There is so much to do in the game its ridiculous. You can play the game for 100s of hours and still not be finished. There's also Geo panels on the ground that grant different effects to add more flavor to the battle systems. For instance there can be a yellow panel on the ground that boosts your defense by 50% if you have your character stand on it they'll take a lot less damage. It adds more strategy to the game. Other non-battle system related features are the dark court where you have to convince a court of enemies to grant you new features like new worlds or special abilities for your characters by bribing them or defeating them in battle. I could go on and on.

Ys is an action RPG that plays a real time battle system where you kill things, level up and collect money while exploring it's world. There are multiple weapons, abilities and equipment you can get. It plays a lot like Zelda does but actually has those RPG elements like leveling up and boosting your stats.

Mighty wrote:
(even though critics are criticising the PSP games for it for not having one, but in reality they should bame Sony for not having a second analog stick.).

Yeah, cause Sony is just going to totally redesign their system for one game....

Anyway I'm finished.

If you're still going to cling onto your biased opinion that's your choice. I'm saddened that not one of those games catches your interest and I highly suspect that you probably haven't even really checked them out and it's really your own loss.

Enjoy your Monster Hunter. I don't want to hear anymore about it.

View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1462s
Index - Back to Top