BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bomberman Board's Top 20 Videogames!
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#14  Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:38 am  Reply with quote + 
SSJ-Sonic 254 wrote:
I didn't intend to sound like a jerk in my post if I came across that way. I'm just wondering why I'm the only one who contributed to the topic so far, even though it's been over a week since Reggy started this. :surprise: 

You really didn't, I just responded in about the same way I would've to my closest friends. Though I'm a sarcastic jerk a majority of the time... something I only tend to hold back when doing things highly politically. Sadly it's hard to get the tone right where everyone on the internet will know the difference between friendly sarcasm and attack/defensiveness. I'm not of the opinion that I will be using my non-natural internet tone on these boards as a majority of the people here have gotten used to my more natural posting style. I'm not really all that easily offended, and even if I were offending me doesn't matter too much, so I wouldn't worry about me thinking you're a jerk. (as for people thinking I'm a jerk, well they can if they want to, can't really please everyone... so I might infact be a jerk, but at least I'm a friendly jerk)

Dark Zaphe wrote:
I could probably compile a list of my 20 favorite games after some thinking, but I wouldn't be able to rank them easily... It is easy for me to distinguish between good and bad games/movies/etc, and I could probably rank bad games, but for some reason I struggle a lot with comparing good things with each other to determine which may be better.

A problem you share with nearly the entire human race. I'd say don't worry about it generally, top tens are always a tad off as their rating systems differ based on numerous constantly changing factors. You'll see it directly represented on my list too, series games like mario world (which is certainly actually in my top 20) will bow out of the list completely as a sidenote in other mentions in order for me to add more oddball games like the guardian legend. Games that are multiplayer favorites like NES Ice Hockey won't be mentioned due to being sub par single player experiences, and even though I've an arcade machine sitting next to me my arcade list will probably be down to donkeykong, metal slug x (which will be beating out contra on my list) and galaga. In alot of ways my list will likely end up being a short best list of many genres stacked in a completely strange manner. I'm not even going to personally let nostalgia stop me from picking games, yay for breaking the world's list. My plan is to go threw my entire collection and just create a list of games I truely loved, then narrow that down and then take some time deciding some obscure ranking system. Bomberman 3 and Tetris Attack aren't really things you can compair apples to apples.

(there, that also includes a preview of what my list will actually include too)
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1363s
Index - Back to Top