Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Which is better?
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#11  Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:31 am  Reply with quote + 
The Legend of Zelda is not really what you would call an RPG... it is an Action Adventure game. It has RPG elements, but then again there are platformers with inventories and such. One of the major thing about Zelda that disqualifies it from being an RPG is the lack of experience points. The only thing to gain from enemies are small item drops, such as hearts, rupees, or keys, and even games like Megaman have enemies that drop powerups. Technically there is a story in the game, and you play a role, but the same goes for Megaman as well. Pen and paper RPGs sort of set the outlines for the genre.

Unfortunately, for that list of RPGs that Soniti provided, the only one I've ever played is Super Mario RPG... I'm more familiar with the SNES Final Fantasy games. To be honest, I've never really played any RPGs that were even on the N64 or PSX. Not sure what you mean about unoriginal battle systems and Pokemon... in Pokemon you can only have one (or two?) characters in battle at the same time, you've got like four moves, there's no real equipment... Are you talking about turn-based battle systems?
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1483s
Index - Back to Top