Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Which is better?
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#10  Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:46 pm  Reply with quote + 
Mighty wrote:
Well the reason I think Zelda is an RPG because it basically is an RPG.

...except Zelda's an Adventure game and it isn't a RPG at all.

Mighty wrote:
...but too bad all of those RPGs you mentioned have an unoriginal battle system which I don't actually like (it only looks good on Pokemon games if you ask me)

lol wut?

I'm really starting to wonder just how many actual RPGs you've played after reading this statement. It's quite obvious that you haven't played most, if any, of the games Reggy's mentioned. They all hardly have such "unoriginal battle systems" like you so robustly claim.

Let's see.

Tales of Symphonia battle system in progress, about :30 into the video. (By the way, it's all real time and up to four players control a character)

Good video showing off Disgaea's gameplay (note that this guy's characters are really good and can be be that high after a few playthroughs/doing extra stuff).

Phantasy Star: Newer games are like this (this is Phantasy Star Universe) and Older ones are like this (in this video, 4, the last of the original Phantasy Star games (about :50 into the video)).

Super Mario RPG (battle against Culex, the most powerful boss in the game, although he is completely optional, and a rather obvious nod to Square's main games, the Final Fantasy games, even using the mini boss theme from 4 during the actual battle (Square helped Nintendo develop this game))

Gameplay from Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken on the GBA (simiply called Fire Emblem in the States).

Here's one that'll blow you away. This is gameplay footage from the Action RPG Ys: Ark of Napishtim for the PS2.

This is from the PSP port of Final Fantasy Tactics called "War of the Lions."

And last but definitely not least is Breath of Fire III for the PS1. Has one of the best intros in any game ever. (about :47 into the video and just watch from there)

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1730s
Index - Back to Top