Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Konnichiwa Peeps! ^.^
[Replies: 6]  [Views: 2623]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Welcome Room

TokiAlbatou
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:23 am  Reply with quote + 
So, as you can tell, I'm obviously new here and I was looking Bomberman up and I happened to come across here! So then I joined! Hehe^^. Anyways, enough on that. Onto the facts about me. As you guys can tell, my name is Toki Albatou, but, for everyone's sake here, just call me Toki, okies?

:wink: 
Anyways, I suppose you're wondering, "Toki, why did you call yourself Toki Albatou?" right? Well, Toki is one of my OCs (she's not a Bomberman OC), and Albatou is from the Escaflowne character Dilandau Albatou (one of my favorite anime shows) and Dilandau is my FAVORITE pyromaniac of all times. (He's really insane, if you've seen the show that is^^) So, that's the origin of my name, Toki Albatou.

I've been a Bomberman fan since 2002, though I always find the villains more interesting than some of the heroes. I've played Bomberman Tournament, the Bomberman and Max series, Bomberman 64, Bomberman Hero, Bomberman Second Attack, Bomberman Generation, and Bomberman Jetters. Out of all of them, my favorites are Bomberman 64 and TSA. Usually, I like playing the games solo, though occasionally I play multiplayer with my friends, but not that much compared to when I was younger. Oh well, times change I suppose. :oops: 

Now onto miscellaneous facts about me. Hope you don't mind, cuz there's a lot, lol :oops: 

I LOVE anime and manga. Here are my favorite shows (in order)

Escaflowne
Gundam Wing
Death Note
Naruto (don't watch as much now, oh well, I still kinda like it)

Here's my favorite anime/manga characters

Escaflowne- Dilandau Albatou, Dragonslayers, Folken Fanel
Gundam Wing- Trowa Barton
Death Note- L, Mello, Near
Naruto- Neji, Gaara, Itachi

Other Games I play

Mario
Legend of Zelda
SSBB

Favorite Music Genres

J-Pop
J-Rock
Rock
Metal
Punk

Favorite Bands/Musicians

System of a Down
Two-Mix
Nightmare
Three Days Grace
Maximum the Hormone
Yoko Kanno
Maaya Sakamoto
Dead Kennedys
White Zombie
Tenacious D
Evanescence
Rolling Stones
Black Sabbath
Hiroki Wada

And that's it *gasp* o.o :veryhappy: 
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#2  Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:12 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hey, welcome to the forum! :peace:  It's pretty small compared to other forums, but you'll get to know everybody that way.

...What, another person who likes single player in Bomberman?! The balance of power is shifting! Soon, we will prevail! :hilarious: 
View user profile Send Private Message
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#3  Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:58 am  Reply with quote + 
"Prevail" eh, such wars would be multi-player you know ;P?

--edit--

Oh yeah, distracted by my own propaganda. Forgot what I came here for...

*tips his hat*

howdy.

Last edited by fireball87 on Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:37 pm
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#4  Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:46 am  Reply with quote + 
Oh no! Foiled agaaaaaiiiiin...! :stun: 

By the way...

"System of a Down"
YES.

"Three Days Grace"
YES.

"Evanescence"
YES.

"Rolling Stones"
YES. And

"Black Sabbath"
YES.

I don't really know any of those other bands... I'll have to look them up.
TokiAlbatou
Bomberman

Post#5  Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:47 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hehe, looks like we have a lot in common don't ya think?

For those bands that you don't know...

White Zombie- Was an American Rock band and were the guys that did one of the Guitar Hero III songs, Black Sunshine.

Dead Kennedys- Former American hardcore punk band that did Holiday in Cambodia, one of the songs in Guitar Hero III

Tenacious D- American rock band that did one of the Guitar Hero III songs, The Metal.

Two-Mix- Japanese pop band that did songs for the anime shows Gundam Wing and Detective Conan. Lead singer is Japanese voice actress (seiyu) Minami Takayama (She did Kiki from Kiki's Delivery Service, Conan Edogawa from Detective Conan, Nabiki Tendo from Ranma 1/2 and Dilandau Albatou, Celena Schezar, and Chid Freid from Escaflowne)

Nightmare- A Japanese rock and visual kei band that did the first opening and ending for the Death Note anime series.

Maximum the Hormone- A Japanese metal band that did the second opening and ending for Death Note anime series.

Yoko Kanno- Japanese composer who did the music for the anime shows Escaflowne and Cowboy Bebop.

Maaya Sakamoto- Japanese singer and voice actress, perhaps most notable for voicing Hitomi Kanzaki in the Escaflowne anime series. She also sung most of the Escaflowne vocal songs, and she did the opening for both the series and movie.

Ali Project (didn't mention this)- Japanese band with a Aristocrat-style.

Hiroki Wada- Singer for the Escaflowne ending. He was a singer during the mid 1990's and he is now a composer under the name of "H-Wonder."
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#6  Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:26 pm  Reply with quote + 
Welcome Toki! Nice to see another fellow otaku on the board.

Not a huge fan of too many of those shows you mentioned. I have seen the Escaflowne movie and a bit of the series and liked it. I'll eventually watch the rest.

I'm moreso a niche/obscure title guy. I like a lot of romance comedies, but here's some of my favorite shows....

Macross
Fate/Stay Night
Nodame Cantabile
Welcome to the NHK
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Record of Lodoss War

I'm also in the strangely increasing group of single player bomberman fans. I've noticed that bman64 and the 2nd attack have developed a quickly growing cult following. or maybe there finally all discovering the communities after all this time? I played the games back in the day and loved them and have been on this forum for years. I like the multiplayer too but there was something awesome about all those villains in the 64 games especially the 2nd attack with its enemy meeting cut scenes.

We've got ourselves a pretty cool crowd here, so hopefully we'll be seeing more of ya.

Welcome again.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#7  Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:06 pm  Reply with quote + 
Welcome to the board! We're a pretty cool and laid-back bunch, hopefully you'll stick around!

I realize it's a bit late for a greeting, but hey! Better late then never, right?

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Welcome Room All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2006s
Index - Back to Top