Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Ok listen up
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#24  Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:33 pm  Reply with quote + 
Mighty wrote:
SSJ-Sonic 254 wrote:
Mighty wrote:
the grand retunr of the Metroid Series which was temporarily reborn as Metroid Prime and easily pwned every single bit of value the Halo games had.

I really don't understand how anyone can go and compare the Metroid Prime series with Halo. I really don't. The two games aren't even close to identical. The only similarities is that it's a First Person based game, but even then Metroid Prime wasn't about shooting stuff at all. That's not what made Metroid, well, Metroid. :/

But then again both take place in alien worlds and both have main characters who spend most of their lives in some kind of armor. See where I'm going with this?

Irrelevant, because that has very little to do with the gameplay itself. Using that kind of logic, I could say that Metal Gear Solid and Modern Warfare are similar because they take place in a modern society and has an emphasis on war, despite the fact that they are clearly two very different games.

Metroid - Focuses on exploration. Also has some (keyword being "some") scare factors thrown into the mix. Shooting is involved, but it's clearly not the emphasis. There is some kind of story and may also have a sense of mystery involved.

Halo - Focuses on shooting. Strong emphasis on shooting enemies (may they be CPU or human). Also has vehicles. There's a story, but it serves pretty much as the means of progression and nothing more (in other words, so you aren't mindlessly shooting things).

Seeing as I haven't played much of Halo, I don't know much about those games. But even just by looking at the two you know that they aren't even remotely the same.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2189s
Index - Back to Top