Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Midi the Squirrel Game Demo
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#2  Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:11 am  Reply with quote + 
Hey, I haven't seen you in a long time!

First of all, I have to commend you on the gameplay approach - sort of like taking Bomberman Hero/Jetters and making it into a 2D platformer, but adding in different elements (rolling, wall jumping, elemental bombs) to make it something new.

Also, the animation is very smooth. Graphically the game really excels; on that note I do have one piece of advice though - use larger tiles for scenery that will be repeated alot, such as the dirt and stone/metal walls. All you'd have to do is make three more standard-sized tiles for these, and you could still have places where the land slopes or it ends without enough space to encompass a 48 px tile (I'm guessing you are using 24x24 px tiles). It just makes it easier to look at, especially when moving at higher speeds.

The only bugs I noticed were ones you probably already know about (going down slopes, hitting moving platforms sideways).

By the way, I especially like the bomb ammo bar, and the punishment the player must endure for exhausting it. Nice touch.

This has a lot of potential if you keep at it. :peace: 
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1653s
Index - Back to Top