BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bomberman Board's Top 20 Videogames!
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#6  Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:08 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ah yes, Mega Man II.

Well I've decided that as the years go by I was putting too much of a game value into Nostalgia/childhood experience and that always put Megaman II up so high.

This time around I came up with a new rating system for myself to determine what games were my favorites. I made 5 categories and gave each category a maximum weight of points it could earn based on what I felt was most important in a game's value. I rated each category then totalled it up. This is free for discussion and is a matter of opinion for each gamer and everyone has their own way of determining things but this what i used if it interested anyone.

Overall Fun Factor (1-10 points) - How fun the game was/is to play in general and how happy you feel/felt playing it.

Replayability (1-10 points) - How much can you do? How long does the game last? Even after all of that how often do you find yourself putting it in and just playing it again cause it's still fun?

Story/Characters (1-5 points) - I assigned this a lower total since not all games have much of a story or even characters sometimes but story and characters are one of the main reasons i play alot of videogames so i felt it still needed its own amount of weight.

Nostalgic value - (1-5 points) - When I reflect on a title or play it again how many old memories come rushing back? Like playing all those old megaman games at my cousin's house when he used to babysit me or how I'd write about them in my 2nd grade journal everyday. Or how I walked all the way to the other end of town on foot to pick up my copy of Tales of Symphonia. Stuff like that. Those happy fuzzy memories. lol

Music/Voiceovers (1-3 points) - I know this doesnt matter to alot of people but voices and soundtracks are a big facotr for me in videogames! I didnt want to give it too much weight and have a game overpower another by soundtrack alone so I capped it at only 3 points.

That's how I did it. Everyone has their own way of doing things so I just wanted to show you how I did it. No one should have to follow any special method except maybe their own if they come up with one.

View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1469s
Index - Back to Top