Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Ok listen up
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#3  Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:12 pm  Reply with quote + 
Mighty wrote:
I'm pretty sure everyone remembers how some of you laughed at me when I said Bomberman Hero was the best game in the series.

...wait, what? When did this happen? :/

Mighty wrote:
Well let me explain another reason why I say that other than the fact I can't buy much games very often. Whenever I look for a new game, I focus more on how good the Single Player is first before I even consider Multiplayer, meaning some of my games I get are Single Player only. I'm kind of like a true gamer when I prefer gameplay value and single player over graphics and multiplayer, which is sometimes why I don't bother with some Bomberman games, as they focus more on multiplayer instead of single player. And considering the fact Bomberman Hero focused alot more on single player mode and completely cut out multiplayer so it could accomplish that, that was the best choice I could go with at the moment.

I can understand this. After all, since I'm the only around my house most of the time (that plays video games), I always buy games for myself in mind, and they don't necessarily have multiplayer options. Although, if I may add, I don't think focusing on the single player value of a game makes you a "true gamer" in a sense. Rather, I think it's being able to appreciate the gameplay in a game to a good extinct (I say this because there are always games that have flaws, and I mean always. It just depends on how many/how big these flaws are, but that's another topic entirely).

Mighty wrote:
And I am not trying to say Bomberman 64 and Bomberman 64: Second Attack don't have single player value, they have it, but it's not exactly what I like to see (that and I never played Second Attack yet, though I plan to). Ad another reason I like Bomberman Hero is due to it's platformer style gameplay, which is pretty much my FAVORITE gameplay style, as many games from the childhood were platformers with EXTREMELY high quality.

It's your opinion, so it's understandable. But like Dark Zaphe said, some of the reasons why Bomberman Hero is pretty much the "black sheep" in the franchise is because, for one, it's a very different style of game compared to the rest of the franchise (BH is a platformer, compared to the rest which is more like a... party game or a thinking game or something. I can't quite think of a good way to categorize them, but you get the idea) and the other one is that's a single player orientated game as opposed to having at least having some type of multiplayer option (humorously, people insist that Bomberman is all about multiplayer, even though the first game had no such option.) It's not a bad game by all means (it's really not), but it's also not a true Bomberman game either.

Mighty wrote:
(Super Mario 64 is an example, but Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie are the best examples I know of [and don't even start with that how subliminal messages thing about it, pretty much all of them are ACCIDENTAL and NOT NOTICABLE unless you choose to worship those sick minded bastards that try to corrupt everyone who is normal]).

You know, some people think that Mario games have some of kind of subliminal messages too (Don't watch if you tend to get seizures or something).

Do not take that video seriously, it's a fan game made purely for fun, and it (probably) doesn't really represent the views of whoever made the game (and it actually looks pretty fun too lol).

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1372s
Index - Back to Top