BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bmanboard meeting! (updated 12/02/11)
Razon
Board Admin

Post#67  Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:07 am  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
We need some more input here. I'm particular surprised you haven't said anything yourself Razon, I only say that seeing as how you wiped the dust off the topic. Did you have any ideas or suggestions?

Of course just been a bit busy, so I'm getting around to posting this now.

I'll list off my opinions and ideas for it by category.

When:
As all of these years have gone by and it's become more realistic for the board members to do this, since it seems many will start being able to it by sometime in 2010- mid 2011 seems like a good choice for when we do it. As that would give people extra time to prepare for it and be more set to go, financially and in whatever other ways. The way it looks I doubt that we wouldn't be able to pull our first meetup off before 2012, we're definitely approaching it. As for the month and day, it would be what's best for people and so that we can get as many as possible to be able to come to it.

Travelling & Location:
Location wise it should be at the most convenient spot for the participating people to travel to, say for the one in america if everyone was spread out through america- then we should choose a place in the middle of the country. This so the travel is a relatively even distance for everyone. Though depending on wether people will be flying or driving should also be taken into consideration, since there will surely be people both driving and flying and the times each take will be quite different. Day 0 - People who are driving should probably leave in the morning if it will take all day to get to the location, and those who are flying should leave mid day perhaps. This way everyone everyone will arrive around night, some would be tired after a long travel. Thus everyone can get a hotel and be fully rested for the next morning, some could meet each other at night and everyone can in the morning when we all gather somewhere. Day 1 - Alternate to staying at a hotel for day 0, those that are flying could alternately leave on plane in early morning instead on this day. Though you wouldn't want to get arrive late due to flight delays, those that are close could just drive starting in early morning and arrive in the morning too.

How long:
It being a day or two long is what we'll likely do, if everyone comes day 0 then we'd have the entire next day or two for whatever we want to do. Then everyone can leave the morning after the last day of the meetup, so staying in a hotel for 2-3 days pretty much. It would be understandable if some couldn't stay for the entire thing depending on how long we choose to make it, though people should be able to set a day or two aside for this- considering it's not like we do this often.

Place:
If we can at least get enough people coming for sure, then finding a good convention hall or whatever we'd need would be good, the person managing hosting the event may want to scout the area out ahead of time- I can handle managing of the american meetup. As for meeting at something like an anime or game fest if there aren't enough people, I'm not sure about that- never been to one myself as of yet. That certainly seems like something mainly for people who are close by other members to do, or just happen to be going to the same event. If we barely have anyone to go then it probably wouldn't be much of a meetup, I don't think an anime or game event is the place to do it at.

Events:
Needless to say multiplayer bomberman is definitely on the list, to get together with a big group of people and play bomberman seems like it would be a great experience. 8 player or more matches, I could modify my bomberman project to support however many we need- so could have a huge bomberman match. At first we'd probably all meetup and introduce ourselves, all talk and get to know each other like mentioned- over a breakfast or the sort. Then move on to gaming or whatever else we want to do, there's surely loads of games people have to recommend for this. Lunch seems like a good time to socialize, I'm sure lots of time will be spent talking and such throughout the entire meetup, if we choose a tourist type location then we could go out in a group and take in the sights and such as well. Gaming wise people who have the needed games and consoles and such would bring them, we can make a list of who brings what and such.

Budget:
Well this is something that can more so be discussed later, shouldn't cost that much to get some kind of banquet area or place for this. Obvious that everyone would take care of their own travelling and hotel fees. Food wise we could just hire a chef, probably cheaper then what the place we'd have the meetup at would offer price wise.

Definitely look forward to meeting with everyone after all of these years, wonder how many we can actually get to come for this.
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1400s
Index - Back to Top