BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Square-Enix: Consoles set for extinction...
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#7  Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:54 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
Man.........
Why has all the videogame talk been so depressing lately?

Search down deep inside. You know it to be true.

lol nerd moment

Mighty wrote:
Well I can pretty much say Cosnoles won't be dying in that time. I'd actually give it around 50 years or so in case something like that does happen. And as for the use of Digital Distribution like that qoute, we all know that isn't going to well anyways. While it has potential, all the good games haven't been released that way yet, and the PSP Go is currently the only system I know using it to that kind of extant, and is getting complaints how it doesn't have good games as downloads yet, such as Monster Hunter Freedom Unite and Daxter.

You'd be surprised how often people complain that certain things aren't DLC based. As I mentioned in my other topic "What games are you playing/looking forward to", some people are whining that BlazBlue 2 should be released as DLC and then there's the expansion to RE5, which is only seeing a hard copy release in Japan and everywhere else gets it as DLC. DLC is, unfortunately, growing in popularity, no matter how stupid it may be or how questionable it is to release it as DLC exclusive.

Mighty wrote:
And as for hardware progression slowling down like Reg said, I actually agree. I really haven't noticed a change in graphics from Generation 6 consoles to Generation 7 consoles. I noticed a MAJOR graphical jump from Generation 5 to Generation 6, but not to Generation 7. Exactly how did graphics get better for Generation 7 anyways? I can't really tell.

Well, to be fair, how much better can graphics get when it's reaching the point that it can almost resemble real life?

Have you seen the graphics that PS3 games have? Some of the games I've played on that are absolutely gorgeous; and are even more so on a HD TV. The two best examples I can give you are MGS4, which looks amazing even on a SD TV; and Soul Caliber IV, which is absolutely incredible looking in HD. I suppose it's only really noticeable on HD, but make no mistake; the PS3 and, I suppose, the 360 look better graphically then the last generation (as for Wii, since it uses the same hardware as the GCN, it's going to look more or less the same).

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1364s
Index - Back to Top