BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Square-Enix: Consoles set for extinction...
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#6  Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:38 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well some of this generations systems are HD compatible now so they look a lot sharper, cleaner, brighter, etc. but there isn't a crazy graphical difference like there was with N64 - GCN. Which probably explains why we aren't seeing anything new. There's just not much more to do to make graphics better. That's why i see a possibility of consoles ending in the future. The next thing these companies are reeling on is all this digital download mumbo jumbo...

I hate it to be honest with you. I'd much rather own hard copies of games. I'm a collector for one so i can flaunt my games on my shelf for visitors of my home to see. In addition to that, owning a hard copy is better then a download cause you can lend it to a friend or take it somewhere else. If something happened to your system you wouldn't have to buy the game again you'd still have the hard copy. Don't get me wrong stuff like virtual console is kind of cool but keep in mind those games are only like 5-10 bucks, so losing them if something happened isn't that bad. If all games go digital they'll still be charging you 40+ a pop for new games and you can say goodbye to going to a store to buy them used.

DLC only and game streaming is all made of phail. I'd rather go out and buy a disc any day.

The more I think about it I can say we can hope to see 1... maybe 2? more generations of consoles, but the generations themselves will actually last longer to make that stretch over 10 years.

View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.0999s
Index - Back to Top