BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bmanboard meeting! (updated 12/02/11)
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#60  Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:38 pm  Reply with quote + 
I understand the cash situation and practical reality of not being able to go far for events. I have only ever been to one game-related meeting at all, despite being in some collector communities since 1996. I went to this small NJ meeting called NAVA in Howell. Drove up with some collectors from VA I know online, though at the time I was visiting one of them in Virginia Beach, so it was mostly the drive from VA to NJ. I was just along for the ride though.

There are a ton of anime cons and gaming conventions I could easily go to and setup either tables to sell stuff I could unload for cash, or setup a Bomberman display/gaming room. I have been tempted to try and assist a guy online I know from PA for his event, since it generally has no bomberman at all, but that'd cost a pretty penny. I also don't want my stuff stolen, and the money factor keeps me home. Being married drains most of my disposable income and we are not even on our own yet, still live with the mother-in-law. :cry: 

If I ever visit my relatives in MA or my friend from highschool in RI I will make sure to PM you guys up there first, should we manage a gaming night or whatever. Sadly any of the NC/SC people here are pretty quiet outside my jabbering noisy self. TN/GA are not far away, but it depends where you are going really. Even VA is not far from here, yet some drives I don't ever want to make. Then you add hotel stay and expense cash, and that plan burns up to dust. I have yet to hit my VA peeps, or my brother who is in the same general area. Driving for 5 hours is blah but do-able. Sadly my bro's house is in sad shape while he works on it around his naval duties. So a Norfolk/VA Beach run is out until he gets that sorted. We drive to TN every few months, but outside of my wife's father right over the NC border and two friends in Knoxville, there are not many places for us to stay for free. My buddy there in Knoxville would be down for bomberman though I'm sure.
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1596s
Index - Back to Top