Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Translating Bomberman Manuals
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#82  Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:20 pm  Reply with quote + 
Edit I saw Ragey's comment after I posted. Those are some awesome manuals, Ragey. Thank you for taking the time to scan them in. I especially like the pages in Bomberman GB with Shiro on the bike. It's great, as he should be pulling wheelies and such. I could totally see motorcycles being in the Bomberman Kart games. Such potential for homebrew joy/Flash fun.

Dark Zaphe wrote:
Floor 20: Dragon Bomber (ドラゴン)...lol

I'm surprised I got through most of that without trouble... the text is all fancy and ridiculous on those names.

Sweeeeet. :flame: 

I never knew that guy was in the game, as I never have gotten far enough to see him. Or I just have forgotten him. Been a dog's age since I played story mode and I did not ever try master mode much. I took my nickname used here and elsewhere from the fact that there were dragons in the different bomberman games and anime, and I love dragons. :laugh: 

Did a quick edit up. Finally a clearer awesome version of my namesake to recolor later, redraw, and so forth. Awesome sauce! Thank you for mentioning this Zaphe, and thank you for scanning the manual so that Zaphe translated that bit, Ragey. I have the manuals sitting around and never much paid attention to it. Maybe for a second subconsciously but never retained the details. I will have to look at the English manual to see if he is mentioned there as well.

Speaking of scanning, I attempted to scan some of those missing books for you, Ragey and I failed. I am going to have to take my time, maybe coming up here some weekend when I'm off the clock. I was not able to take my time this past Sunday when I worked downstairs and nearly thought I was going to tear some pages out of the book. My copy of the first guide must have a weak binding...who knows. I had a student assistant but she was working on some paper and not paying attention so I had to undo some of her mistakes made with students, which made me rush around trying to scan at the last minute. Eyeballing your six to see what is going on when work is busy is not the ideal situation for scanning precious documents like the strategy guides.

I don't know if this has been mentioned or not yet, but I got weak and picked this up just this morning on eBay.

BOMBERMAN WARS Official Guide by Famitu
95 pages, C condition rating according to the seller, but it was under $20 shipped so I was ok with it. You can see from his auction sample photos below why I bought it. Mostly for the character artwork though it might have interesting details as well in that text. Once I sort out the best way to scan the guides without destroying them, I will try to scan this if no one beats me to it. Sorry it's been taking me so long to do.

BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.0845s
Index - Back to Top