Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Translating Bomberman Manuals
Ragey
Board Admin

Post#81  Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:58 am  Reply with quote + 
The Japanese manuals for Bomberman GB, Panic Bomber PCE and Bomberman PCE arrived today! I spend something ridiculous on them (£35, I think), wait two weeks for them, and then have them all scanned in an hour. The things I do in the name of being a fanatic.
The Panic Bomber manual is rather barebones, which is a disappointment after the delicious contents of the Panic Bomber W manual DragonBomber scanned. manual-05.jpg looks like it has the closest thing to a story, but I'm pretty doubtful. it doesn't even extend beyond the first four opponents! I was hoping it would name the final opponent on the second wave, that weird doctor guy. (Unrelated to the manual, but I love how the main game is called story mode, even though no actual conversation or story is actually presented in-game).
The PCE Bomberman manual has some cute old-style artwork, though I can hardly tell where the story is. The enemies are on manualj-05.jpg, though it only includes eight enemies and the bosses and doesn't go any further, so that frickin' fish is still unknown to me.
Bomberman GB's manual has a clearly labelled story section (manualj-03.jpg!) and even has artwork and details of all eight bosses (manualj-07.jpg onwards). I was expecting the last one to just be a question mark, like most games of the era, but they're very gracious!) Also, the manual is hilariously tiny. Its hardly any bigger than the Game Boy cartridge itself!
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.0826s
Index - Back to Top