Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Translating Bomberman Manuals
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#78  Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
I know that the ghost enemy Nagacham is named "Bakebake" in both the original Panic Bomber and Panic Bomber World, so that may be a renaming or it may be a different creature altogether.

As for Watern and Ovape, I am beginning to think that they are simply different enemies. Ovape in its standard form (red swaying ghost) does not appear in Bomberman II and Bomberman PCE. Instead, this blue ghost-like, gel-like enemy, Watern, appears. So I suggest that until this notion is challenged, we refer to Ovape and Watern as seperate enemy characters.

I almost think that Terupyo/Kurin replaced Ovape, and that Ovape was turned into a different type of enemy, Watern. After all, they both appear ghost-like, both sway (Ovape seems to "lunge" in a direction, while Terupyo just sways back and forth), and both travel through soft blocks (though Terupyo doesn't do this in Bomberman II).

EDIT: I just noticed that you've got the Pocket Bomberman manual scanned from Dragon Bomber on your website... I'm impressed that they actually translated the three Panic Bomber villains' names pretty accurately, except Deceiving Spirit Bomber... who they refer to as "she" for some reason, even though it's obviously a guy. I'm guessing they misinterpreted the evil eyes as being feminine?

But anyway, based on that and the name of the first boss ("Torent" - "Torento" - "Trent"), I'd say the name translations should be fairly accurate in this manual... which is surprising for a change.

EDIT 2: And another thing - Sorry, I've just been looking through your website, and this is sort of off-topic - But, I noticed this before, and didn't mention it... In the Bomberman Fantasy Race intro, why are Muscle Bomber and Dave Bomber seated in that space-ship like normal passengers along with Shiro and Kuro?!...
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1747s
Index - Back to Top