BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bmanboard meeting! (updated 12/02/11)
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#57  Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:05 pm  Reply with quote + 
While I don't believe I would be able to make it to one of these things (simply because of traveling), I'd like to put my few cents in on a couple of the issues in making something like this happen.

As for the question of Where: First of all, we would need to know from what country the majority of attendees would be. If we have, say, two significant groups (say, one group in America and one in Europe), then possibly the best solution would be to have two separate events: An America Bomberman Meeting and a Euro Bomberman Meeting. I cannot rightly remember where most of you are from, but I'm pretty sure there's a split here. This would be a bit more fair to people who cannot travel overseas so easily, though there will always be some left out due to scattered locations.

After that matter is settled, probably the best solution would be to pick a location that is about the same distance to travel for all parties. I'm not saying that this is acutely possible, but such a guesstimate can be easily made when you're looking at a map. Furthermore, it should probably be somewhere that at least someone is familiar with. Both of these factors should be taken into account, and naturally we'd be favoring one of these factors (familiarity or distance), but rationally a place could be decided upon.

As for the question of What: I'm guessing that most people attending this meeting would not be solely interested in Bomberman. After all, the idea is just to meet each other. However, with the common interest in Bomberman and video games, it might be a good idea to have some multiplayer games that everyone is interested in. That would be the starting point; the activities need to be based around a common interest of some sort. My suggestion is for everyone who would like to attend to discuss what their interests are that multiple people could participate in (games, movies, bank robbery, punting rodents, whatever).

However, to make the whole thing run more smoothly, there should not be a strict schedule. Again, the point is for everyone to get to meet each other in person. It should be very informal, more like hanging out with friends than going to a tournament or business meeting. Rather, there should be the decided-upon activities readily available at or near the meeting site, and if there is a list of things to do, then it should be flexible.

After these points are addressed, then and only then should the "How" and "When" factors be taken into consideration, in that order. Assuming that you meant "How" as in "How will people get there."

That's just my take on this. If it seems rough, it's because I didn't go back over it, and that is because it's just meant to be advice.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1422s
Index - Back to Top