From Topic: My plan to get a PSP, but I need to know something
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#16  Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:17 pm  Reply with quote + 
SSJ-Sonic 254 wrote:
Mighty wrote:
SSJ-Sonic 254 wrote:
Another big blob of text of mine.

Normally, I actually would get a 1 GB Memory Stick. But considering how Monster Hunter Freedom Unite will take up more than half of that, I find it easier to get a 4 GB Memory Stick now. If your asking about how one game can take up so much space, let me explain. From what I hear, there's a feature in the game which can copy all the files in the disc to the Memory Stick, taking up around 500 something MB. The process takes about 14 minutes to do. The reason for wanting to do this is that load times get reduced DRAMATICALLY!! From around 27 seconds for load times, to a mere 2-3 seconds for load times! A since I'm also need space for save files for games and for the Spyro the Dragon download I also intend to get, I'll need way more than 1 GB to fit everything. So that's why I plan to atleast get a 4 GB Memory Stick, and I'll most likely end up saving up extra Christmas money and my Birthday money for a 16 GB memory stick.

Wow, really? In a portable game? I've seen this kind of thing from my PS3 (most of my PS3 games (understandingly) require this, but it does dramatically reduce load times), but we're already seeing this kind of feature on portable consoles? That's absolutely insane...

I guess you would need something a bit bigger then 1 GB in that case...

I know, awesome feature isn't it? But still, is a PSP screen big enough to be able to read the subtitles?
Edit: Here's what I intend to get so far.
PSP 3000 $169.00
16 GB Memory Stick $55.95 (I was lucky I found that good deal on Amazon.com)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite $29.82
Daxter $14.82
$50 PlayStation Network Card
PSP USB Cable $7.88

All that apparently adds up to $327.47. In a way it's practically the same thing as getting a PS3, but everything else indivually wasn't nearly as expensive.
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.0864s
Index - Back to Top