Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Photos of Your Computer Rigs
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#6  Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:28 am  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, I have tossed more systems that had life left in them than had them die completely. The board on the Dell OptiPlex GX-150 died hardest of any boards I've had, but that was after years in a hospital, then several years of heavy constant use by us. The sounds it made were amazing. It took out harddrives along the way as it died. Thankfully nothing I needed. We bought three of them for a couple hundred dollars and two continue to work fine.

The only other major malfunction I've ever had was to overheat and kill some Soyo boards that were part of some kit sets. They worked a year, but I had not given them near enough fan coverage, better cables to allow more airflow, etc, and died poorly. I have had plenty of power supply failures, between myself and friends (who enlisted my aid), at least one bad ram stick, a couple shorted PCI slots, a shorted IDE socket on an old Compaq under 133 mhz 486 that did not want to live, and semi-fried AGP/PCI expansion/riser cards, but nothing too bad. I've found that most problems seem to come from just terrible parts that should have been recalled/avoided (friend thought I would want to repair her leaking capacitors for example), or some fault of the consumer in maintenance/use. I have never had a brand new PC that was not a case kit of some kind, and brought back several PCs people had tried their best to snuff the life from.
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1341s
Index - Back to Top