Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Photos of Your Computer Rigs
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#3  Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:37 pm  Reply with quote + 
That sounds like an entertaining rig you have setup. I have a stack of 5-7 cd binders I use as a makeshift table sometimes, but it does not support much weight. I hear you on PCs messing up though. The one in the bedroom has been reliable enough since we got it. Buddy's grandmother died. It's some Dell machine, only 512 mb of ram on a 1.6? ghz processor. I am afraid to open it anymore to upgrade it. I barely turn it off and run way too much at a time. I call it the "haunted" PC.

Those other Dells were mostly reliable though one wigged out and killed a harddrive while making buzz saw sounds for ages. The silver PC is an HP and seems "ok" for the most part, though the onboard sound went crazy. Using some cheap $12 USB soundcard but it works fine. My mother in law has some e machine in her room, no need to snapshot that one. My wife had an older laptop I got for $100 from a buddy, but I gave it away to someone when we were separated. haha We have had more than 10 PCs over the past 9 years, maybe more. I get parts and cases of machines people cast off, then do whatever with them. Had to throw away a lot since the garage was a graveyard of sharp metal monsters.

Believe it or not, that 300 mhz carebear sticker machine shown has been the most reliable machine we ever had. Got 2 identical models from a buddy for $50 a pop, and always had them to fall back on when our newer hardware died hard. Lent them out as loaner machines while I worked on PCs for friends also. I wish I still had my 586-133 mhz PC I started on, well the first upgrade as it originally had a 40 mhz DLC processor and a different board in it, but it took up too much space in the garage.

Me with the beastly dino in question. After the 133 mhz upgrade the turbo button no longer worked, but it was an awesome PC overall. Cut my teeth upgrading it, tooling with misc OSs, and fiddling about with all manner of ISA/PCI cards in it. It held an array of SCSI and IDE drives, plus had a box of SCSI drives outside it when I was done, before I took it apart forever.
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2157s
Index - Back to Top