Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Photos of Your Computer Rigs
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
I am always fascinated by the range in computer setups people I know use for their misc interests. Feel free to post pics of your misc computer setups. I have friends who do multibox arrangements for their WoW habits, but I'm not that cool, sadly. My wife and I have pieced together misc setups over the years from hardware people gave to us. Here is the current range of machines:

Dining room

Wife's side of the room, 2 PCs. One on the left is XP, one on the right is XP Media Center Edition (with Ubuntu 8.04 dualboot for when she's not around). The right hand PC (under the keyboard) is the fastest PC we have in the house, given to us when my brother bought an EEE PC and didn't need a desktop anymore. She uses them both at the same time, often with the silver machine as a multimedia/graphic editing box. She has one external usb drive which I try to fill with stuff over the network.

We can run an s-video cable to the living room TV, a 32" CRT if we desire to watch PC run movies out there, or just audio to a Bose sound system in there. Sadly, my mother is law is often home too often for this to be feasible.

My side of the room. The slowest machine in the house, 300 mhz dino running Ubuntu 8.04. No sound at all. I can do basic web browsing, but mostly keep it running for months with my IRC clients and IM accounts. I can VNC into it from the bedroom, and ideally work, if I wanted to set up the secured access properly. I killed a system just like the left hand Dell my wife uses for IM and document editing horribly, so I used to have a sound-capable system. That silver machine was going to be mine but I bowed to her pressure and desire to make it a media hub on that side of the room for both of us to use as needed.

Bedroom

This is where I am whenever I post messages from home, edit graphics/scans, or work on my video/music/drawing projects. Two wooden TV trays. I have my mic stand/pop guard setup I can sit in there, my Wacom drawing tablet, and hopefully someday a MIDI keyboard. I want to get one of those Nanokey $50 USB keyboards I think, but I'm cheap and keep waiting for prices to drop while I pay off credit cards. Currently have an external USB dvd burner, 3 external USB drives, but need to upgrade them since they are smaller.

Work

I am posting this message from my office at work while I prepare a gift letter for a giant donation of misc things brought in last week. I have had pepper plants in here, some of my original oil paintings on the walls (until the makeshift hanging rigs fell apart), and have a bunch of videogame toys on my desk (more added since the photo was taken). My bamboo plant died this past Christmas Break, but that's close to how it looks now.

Look forward to seeing how you all navigate the tubes of the interweb. :shifty: 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1599s
Index - Back to Top