Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Translating Bomberman Manuals
Ragey
Board Admin

Post#69  Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:08 pm  Reply with quote + 
Scanned the remainder of the Super Bomberman 4 guide, which is images 43 to 51, though I've noticed that I'm actually missing pages 103 to 110! One of the pages came out (page 93, guide-46.jpg needed pasting together from two separate scans) so I'm assuming it was missing before it was dispatched. Can't imagine I'm missing much though, but it's a bummer knowing it isn't complete. The resale value has plummeted!
I'll probably tackle the Baku Bomberman guide next, since that'll probably give me some decent resoruces to work with when I cover that game on my site. I'll finish off the character guide book when I get a good opportunity to use my dad's scanner.

I only got looking at them just now, but thanks so much for the plethora of manual scans, DragonBomber! I'll try and get them up on the site soonish. I absolutely love the Atomic Punk storyline - the "peaceful world of Atomica", the "Nukies," Atomic Punk being Bomberman's son, it's delightfully friggin' absurd! I'll definitely have to seek out the Japanese manual of the game to see how much of it is accurate and how much was just cooked up by the copyrighter. Strangely, all the Japanese sites I've seen (except Hudson's site) seem to refer to the game by the American title, Atomic Punk, rather than the Japanese title of Bomber Boy, and I've never seen an explanation as to why; the Japanese version still came out first as far as I can tell, so...? I've no idea. Something worth researching, perhaps.
Also on the Japanese Wikipedia, I saw mention of what appears to be an educational video with Bomberman in it - Thank You For The Courage That I Heard, Bomberman, which is apparently about a kid with deaf parents involved in the Great Hanshin earthquake. Having Bomberman associated with a natural disaster where a few thousand people died kind of has unfortunate implications, if you ask me, though at least it isn't a Barefoot Gen crossover; that would just get awkward.
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1714s
Index - Back to Top